Windrock: August 6th - August 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windrock: August 6th - August 9th

We are headed to Windrock! Hoping to scope this place out some more. Some will be heading down as early as Thursday morning. Hope to see you down there with us!
    • Mild - stock (No Leader at this point. IF you come on this trip expect to be able to use a map and ride around in this very small group or alone.)
    • Heavily modified (Group is established and has a leader): This means minimum tire size is 37", lockers front and rear, tow points front and rear, winch and extreme wheeling experience are minimums.
    We will be staying at Windrock Park Campground. Kevin and Jeff Smith have already reserved their spots. If you need to reserve a spot - tell them you want to be by Kevin or Jeff. See pricing on their website: https://windrockpark.com/campground

Heading down Thursday:
    Zach Smith
    Jeff Smith
    Jim Crawford
    Kevin O'Bryan
    Chris Vaske
    Mark Troxell
    Andy Barnhart

Heading Down Friday:
    Lester Snodgrass
    Starts
    08-06-2020
    Ends
    08-09-2020
    800 Windrock Rd. Oliver Springs, TN 37840
    Last edited by Smiddy24; 08-03-2020, 09:52 AM.

I'm in, cant head down till early Friday morning though, slim chance I will be mandated to work.
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
      I'm in, cant head down till early Friday morning though, slim chance I will be mandated to work.
      sweet! I added ya to the list. Little Jimmy bringing his rig?

Comment

He will be in Florida

Comment

He will be in Florida.

Comment

I'm hearing all kinds of extra details and y'all have me lost about what's actually going on. We may/ may not be split/tagging along with another group that's having a b-day party ride for someone. We might be spending the day with this group driving 40 miles out on main trails to see something that caught fire. Will this be decided on after we get there or before? Just curious, cause that's a lot of money to spend on a Winrock trip just to sit there for hours doing nothing with no one to talk to, no music, driving by all the obstacles.
            Last edited by Waffle; 07-10-2020, 11:11 PM.

Comment

What you heard is correct. If you and Crawford make the trip, thats 5 ri gs, so perfect group size. i'm not doing the 40 mile trip to the eternal flame. Basically we moved the trip back as a backup in case Crawford gets called in to work last minute or you back out. We would be left with 3 rigs wheeling. If everyone shows, then there would be like.13 rigs, so we'd have to split anyway.

Comment

Just letting y'all know.....

If the other group wanted to get into other stuff like rattlerock and railtrail, I'd be ok with it with the exception that moving it back a week now means Crawford can't guarantee anything and instead of showing up thurs, now he can't show up until noon Fri. He put in his pto ahead of time to match the schedule that was agreed to months ago.

Doing things this way, without discussing it with him beforehand, risks causing the exact scenario y'all were trying to avoid in the first place.
                Last edited by Waffle; 07-11-2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle View Post
                  Just letting y'all know.....

If the other group wanted to get into other stuff like rattlerock and railtrail, I'd be ok with it with the exception that moving it back a week now means Crawford can't guarantee anything and instead of showing up thurs, now he can't show up until noon Fri. He put in his pto ahead of time to match the schedule that was agreed to months ago.

Doing things this way, without discussing it with him beforehand, risks causing the exact scenario y'all were trying to avoid in the first place.
                  I talked it over with Crawford and he gave the ok to do the switch. I would never do that to him or anyone else. At that time, I didn't know you were going.

Comment

Would y'all rather I not go? So y'all can stick to the amended plan and ride with Lester & his group? I mean, if plans were changed based on the assumption that I wasn't going, then perhaps I shouldn't.
                    Last edited by Waffle; 07-12-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle View Post
                      Would y'all rather I not go? So y'all can stick to the amended plan and ride with Lester & his group? I mean, if plans were changed based on the assumption that I wasn't going, then perhaps I shouldn't.
                      Trip has been changed back to the original date to accommodate Jim C's PTO days. This trip will be strictly hitting all the hard trails.

Comment

Mark you going?
                        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

List has been updated! Should be a fun trip - now if Thursday could get here a little faster...!

Comment

This is not what you want to happen on the 1st trail run when you get to Windrock.

Comment

More pics from Trip

Comment

Working...
                              X