2021 Ride event schedule discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Ride event schedule discussion

Would like to see this discussion long before we get into next year, im sure there will be many opinions on dates and places to be.
    I would really like to see us not visit the same park more than once a year if we can get away with it..

My idea

January 1st
    Pick by vote between Dirty Turtle or Haspin acres.

February 6th-7th
    This is usually Haspin acres..this is close to home and usually not the best of weather.

March 13th -14th
    Rush offroad park.

April 2nd - 4th
    Hollerwood offroad park

May 28th- 30th
    Windrock offroad Park

June 11th-13th
    Ivy Branch WV

July 2nd-4th
    Adventure offroad park

August 6th- 8th
    Good evening Ranch WV

September 3rd -6th
    Bear Wallow WV

Oct 1st - 3rd
    Harlan Ky

Nov 5th - 7th
    CORE TOUR
    Vote on locations

Post up what ya think and what you think should be changed or added too.
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

I've called the campground next to Bearwallow at HMT twice since I heard it was under new ownership & management. I'll never go back based on what was said.
    For 50 amp hookup it's $60 a night & 30 amp is $50. Non hookup camping is $20. She kept rambling on about how she can't have $20 campers taking up her shower house & away from her cabin (shed/shack) renters. Apparently people like me who just need a parking spot and would welcome a hot shower at the end of the day are unwelcome and considered more of a nuisance, even when paying for it. Good luck with that!
    Last edited by Waffle; 08-20-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Ok, will look and see if there is something new we can get into.

Comment

So i know Andy is wanting to do a trip to Windrock in March/April because I think his year pass is up by then. Looks like you have WV in there 3 times.

Also I believe the club agreed to keep the trips on the first weekend in each month. Allows people to easily know when a trip is being scheduled every month and also allows people to save up money in between trips.

Comment

I did the dates the way that I did because I cannot just get any weekend off that I choose, everyone else's schedule is extremely flexible.
          I am only 1 person, so I understand if everyone wants to keep it the 1st weekend of the month. It will be a guarantee that I will be missing scheduled trips if thats the way it is to be.
          I posted dates and possible locations now so that locations and dates can be voted and agreed upon.
          So far this is the only feedback that has been givin.

Comment

I forgot . I'm "just a member" and I don't actually have a say because it's the duty of the trustee to vote on my behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle View Post
              I forgot . I'm "just a member" and I don't actually have a say because it's the duty of the trustee to vote on my behalf.
              We all have a say so on what goes on here. Who said you have no say on what goes on?

Comment

There are 2 maybe 3 holiday weekends that I would not like losing. I like the extra wheeling day. Any other time I could care less. So if the group votes to change these, I'll live. July 4th falls on a Monday next year, so another 3 day weekend for most.

I personally don't want to travel more than 5 hrs, but you guys can have at it. I will grab the rzr and go somewhere else.

I always try to keep the more hardcore parks later in the year so the chances of it being muddy are far less. So to hit Windrock in March or April is kinda crazy. Keep the rainy season in mind.

Good evening Ranch is not worth the drive in my opinion. It's 5 hrs 10 mins for 400 acres. It has some good trails, but still... We hit this place on the way back from Pat's property with Brody. I will not go back to AOP. I's too far of a drive and it sucks if it's wet at all. You guys can go on without me.

Comment

"I personally don't want to travel more than 5 hrs, but you guys can have at it. I will grab the rzr and go somewhere else."

Isn't windrock and harlan a 5 hour drive with towing? lol. says it takes 4.5 hours with driving a regular car and not towing anything.

I am game for the holiday trips, just like you said it's an extra day of wheeling basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle View Post
                    wow... that's far fetched.. You do have a say bud!!!

Comment

Yes. Bear wallow will be the farthest i will go. That's 4.45 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                        I did the dates the way that I did because I cannot just get any weekend off that I choose, everyone else's schedule is extremely flexible.
                        I am only 1 person, so I understand if everyone wants to keep it the 1st weekend of the month. It will be a guarantee that I will be missing scheduled trips if thats the way it is to be.
                        I posted dates and possible locations now so that locations and dates can be voted and agreed upon.
                        So far this is the only feedback that has been givin.
                        I get where you are coming from. But at the same time, "everyone else's schedules" are not extremely flexible... Yours is more strict because of your profession and the line of duty you have to tackle. I'm just looking out for some people that may not be able to afford to go wheeling everything 3 weeks or less.

I know the month of June/July this year burned a hole in my wallet lol. But I'm game for what everyone else wants! Any recommendations on going to ACC off road park?

Comment

ACC offroad park ?
                          never heard of it.
                          Post up what ya can find out about it.
                          Could be a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
                            ACC offroad park ?
                            never heard of it.
                            Post up what ya can find out about it.
                            Could be a good deal.
                            Athens county crawlers new park. Believe les has been there.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post

Athens county crawlers new park. Believe les has been there.
                              Yep. Les said he has been there. I think the park is only like 400-600 acres is all. So kinda like DTOR.

Comment

Working...
                              X