Car batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car batteries

I need 2 old one for core. Anybody got one or 2. I can come get them if it is reasonably close to me. Fairfield Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Someone has to have at
    Least one they want
    To get rid of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Let me look in garage today I might have 1.
      No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

FYI - I've used little lawnmower and ATV batteries for cores on new car batteries before also. Never been questioned and the people at the counter usually never even look at the battery....just walk in and set it in on the cart that sits next to the counter, hand them the receipt, and they refund the core.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
          FYI - I've used little lawnmower and ATV batteries for cores on new car batteries before also. Never been questioned and the people at the counter usually never even look at the battery....just walk in and set it in on the cart that sits next to the counter, hand them the receipt, and they refund the core.
          This has changed recently since I work at AutoZone. The new policy is that we do not except motorcycle/ATV batteries for cores on a car battery. Although if you can get someone that isn't aware of that, then you can get by with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiddy24 View Post
            This has changed recently since I work at AutoZone. The new policy is that we do not except motorcycle/ATV batteries for cores on a car battery. Although if you can get someone that isn't aware of that, then you can get by with it.
            That policy doesn't surprise me at all......though I will say when I bought a battery a couple weeks ago they never even looked at the core. I know the guy at the counter that gave me a refund never saw me bring it in because he was in the back getting parts at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
              That policy doesn't surprise me at all......though I will say when I bought a battery a couple weeks ago they never even looked at the core. I know the guy at the counter that gave me a refund never saw me bring it in because he was in the back getting parts at the time.
              Yeah some people don't even bother to look honestly. I only work there two days out of the week now. But before I would deal with a lot of core returns. If I knew you, then I would let it slide lol. But in all honesty AutoZone warehouse doesn't look to see if a battery matches the series number on the battery (if that makes since). They simply come by and pick up the skid of cores and we mark down how many batteries we "think" we have and then they just give us a credit on that total. Other than that the cores are crushed and recycled to make new batteries.

Comment

Working...
              X