Wanted, ring and pinion install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted, ring and pinion install

So, the guy I used last fall doesn't have room in his garage for the whole jeep, and my back isn't letting me pull the axle to take to him. So, I'm looking for other options.

I know several here have set their own. Anybody with more time on their hands than cash, looking for a side job?

456s into the HP D30 in my 97 XJ. Shafts are already pulled, and 99% of the Haspin mud has been relocated to my driveway...
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

I'd help ya out but i have no room or time.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

So is the jeep in your garage on stands with the axles pulled ?
      No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
        I'd help ya out but i have no room or time.
        I appreciate it. I think that's where everybody is at, busy with winter builds...

Originally posted by Runoveru2 View Post
        So is the jeep in your garage on stands with the axles pulled ?
        I pulled the axle shafts out, then reassembled everything with just the outer axle stubs, so I could drive it without rotating the R&P. So it is still driving, and the shafts are out of the way to be able to get the carrier out.

Sunday and Monday are looking nice. I'll see if this Bryan guy is willing to do it in his driveway...

Comment

If anybody is also looking, I ended up taking it to Tim Blair, at Blair's Garage up in Lebanon.

He definitely seemed to know his stuff, and the results show it. Jeep drives better than it has in a very long time.

I can't say what he normally charges, I managed to get the friend-of-a-friend discount. (Thanks again Zach!) But I can say that he did great work for me, and I couldn't be happier.

Comment

That place always has a bunch of interesting rigs sitting in the lot.

Comment

Working...
            X