Go Back   C.O.R.E. FORUM > Campfire > Tech and How-To
Gallery FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Camisade

2 Lift-related Questions

I've got a 2011 Jeep Rubicon 5.7L Hemi VVT with 3" lift done with Teraflex support arms/coils and Fox shocks. The lift was done by Burnesville Offroad out west and I'm getting a "clunking" noise that sounds like it's coming (mostly) from the left-rear suspension when I roll over just about every small bump in the road. Everything under the Jeep is torqued tight, and this is driving me crazy.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how did you solve it?

It's been awhile since I owned my last offroad vehicle and I'm starting the process of developing the equipment I'll want to work on the the vehicle for small repairs and maintenance myself. The first thing I'm struggling with is lift equipment for a vehicle whose frame is about 21" high when parked. My preference would be to avoid putting a 2 or 4 pillar lift in my garage, but I'm having a heck of a time finding portable options for jacks that can handle a lift requirement going from 18-20" (min height) up to 36" or so (or whatever it will take to get the 37" tires off the ground). Anyone have any reasonable portable/storable suggestions for a stable jack (I don't mind picking them up in pairs, nor do I think I need the abilty to do more than lift one axle at a time)?
Camisade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
94Dodge Truggy
EX-Vice President

Send a message via MSN to 94Dodge Truggy
Rear track bar bolt holes worn out? shock bushings tight? They make portable air jacks that you can put under the front and rear bumpers to lift the jeep. Overhead crane works nice!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
cincygman

sway bar frame mount bushings or links. had a new vehicle that had loose body mount that only showed up with impact gun
Old 10-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
WrenchMonkey
Mechanical Animal
- CORE Member -
- Moderator -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camisade View Post
...frame is about 21" high when parked... up to 36" or so (or whatever it will take to get the 37" tires off the ground
I always just lift from the axle.

If you need the suspension unloaded, lift from the axle and put a tall set of stands under the frame...

No?

Robert
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Waffle
This message has been deleted by Waffle.