Gallery FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #26
WrenchMonkey
Mechanical Animal
- CORE Member -
- Moderator -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmanjeff View Post
I would be in got GM if it was on a Holiday Weekend to make it worth the drive for me.
Okay then. Memorial Day was Windrock. Labor Day was Harlan. Either could be moved to GM.

Fourth of July is open, but backs right up to the Main Event. I don't know if you'd want two out-of-town runs in consecutive weekends?
Old 12-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Waffle
This message has been deleted by Waffle.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Waffle
Old 12-24-2015, 08:44 AM   #27
Hotwheels

If gold mountain is put on 4 of july weekend i can not attend due to camping trip already plained. I 3 day weekend even leaving friday for goldmountain will be fine instead of a holiday weekend. I can even have our buddy adam come over snd be our guide for the week end.
Hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #28
beer_goggles_009
- CORE Member -

I would love to check out golden mountain. However whenever we schedule a trip to somewhere new and far away it genarally gets cancelled. See ivy branch the last two years for examples. I know personally I cannot go on or near the fourth of July weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk
beer_goggles_009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Waffle
Old 12-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #29
Hotwheels

I will gladly go in this trip if we can all pick a good date.
Hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #30
Runoveru2
Adrenaline Junkie
- CORE Member -
- Moderator -

I doubt I will be able to wheel less than Half of the scheduled trips for 2016 due to my shoulder surgery which is most likely gonna take place in late May or first week in June, I'm hoping I'm gonna at least be able to wheel Harlan before I'm outa commission for 3 to 4 months. Gonna try to possibly be a rider if a can a few months after surgery if cleared by a doctor, cant take the risk of a accident or roll over that will put me outa commission for longer, i have to be able to recover properly so I can return to work. I'm not looking foward to missing out on some good wheeling fun for 2016
Old 12-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
Runoveru2
Adrenaline Junkie
- CORE Member -
- Moderator -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
Maybe its just me, but I'd rather risk a visit to GM than attend the main event. Harlan and Windrock should def stay where they are.....I'm still researching GM at the moment and need more time and more input from Kevin and the 2 Jims.
I agree...I would rather try Golden Mountain than attend the Main Event for 2016, I will most likely be a passenger in Marks buggy if doctor says ok.

Trying to add another big far away trip to the current 2016 schedule will most likely be too tough for most that don't have deep pockets and or available time to take off of work.....Just my thoughts guys..
Old 12-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #32
93 Krawler
>>>PMC<<<
- CORE Member -
- Administrator -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runoveru2 View Post
I agree...I would rather try Golden Mountain than attend the Main Event for 2016, I will most likely be a passenger in Marks buggy if doctor says ok.

Trying to add another big far away trip to the current 2016 schedule will most likely be too tough for most that don't have deep pockets and or available time to take off of work.....Just my thoughts guys..
I agree also. GM could be a replacement for the badlands in July. That is about the only trip I would want to replace. The problem with that is I know Jim B always goes to the main event, so he would be out. The hours of operation there suck. I will most likely go somewhere else anyway, Rush maybe.
The drawback to GM is the 10 hrs of driving for a day and a half of wheeling. It would be nice if we could get in there Thursday evening and leave Sunday afternoon.
Cost wise, I can't do a Harlan, Windrock, and GM trip back to back. I try to balance the long trips "Harlan - Windrock" with the closer places like Rush because of costs. I can go to Rush almost twice verse's Harlan or Windrock.
93 Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #33
93 Krawler
>>>PMC<<<
- CORE Member -
- Administrator -

Talked to Jim B., he says he's fine missing the GM trip if it's the same weekend as the main event. So how many will make the GM trip if it's July 8-10?
Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 AM   #34
93 Krawler
>>>PMC<<<
- CORE Member -
- Administrator -

Due to work, Jim B couldn't make the Windrock trip in September, so we swapped Windrock for Rush in August. So now he will miss Rush instead of Windrock.