Go Back   C.O.R.E. FORUM > Campfire > Trail Runs and Events
Gallery FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
T-bird

Anyone going out this weekend 10/23 and 10/24

My buddy just got his Jeep back together and we are looking to hit the trails this weekend. I haven't been to Big Rock yet, so I was thinking about heading down there. Anyone else going this weekend?

I went to the firehouse run at Slade and really liked it down there. I just don't know the real rules for the trails. Have been told that everythings open and been told that people in street clothes pop out and hand you a ticket.
T-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
T-bird

It looks like we are going to hed down to Big Rock on Saturday morning and get there around 10:00. The plan is to ride on Saturday and Sunday then come home in the afternoon. We have a group of 4 right now with 3 TJ's and 1 Cherokee.

It is my first time going to Big Rock, are there any trails we should be looking for? It will be the first run for one of the TJ's on 33's so I don't want to scare him off.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
BigRock

Sleepy Hollow is a great trail to get started on.
BigRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
no mods

Anymore unfold with this?
no mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
94Dodge Truggy
EX-Vice President

Send a message via MSN to 94Dodge Truggy
I will be at haspin sunday morning with the RZRs and 2 more as well.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
T-bird

We had a small group of 2 TJ's and we had no idea where we were going the first day but found a good creek bed with some good ledges and some good hill climbs. The second day we good directions to Sleepy Hallow and followed that for a little while. Sleepy Hollow is really just a main trail that has a lot of good climbs up both sides of it. We would drive down Sleepy Hallow until we found a good trail to go up and then try to find the next trail that would take us back down into Sleepy Hallow. It works out well and we now know the land much better. On the way back in we found the widowmaker and ran up it. It was pretty steep, but it was so dry we didn't even spin tires.

Most of the trails are really tight with brush hanging into the trails. I think once a few more trucks run the trails it will be a little better. The trails would be a lot harder with a little rain.

I am waiting for the girls to post up some pictures, then I will put them up here.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #7
BigRock

It was good to have you guys last weekend. Have you downloaded the GPS File yet for your i-phone?

Always a good idea to keep clippers with you, and probably a saw,also, anywhere you ride. Unless the trails are more like roads! It's always either, to hard, to easy, to rocky, too smooth, to dry or to wet. That's why they call it OFF-ROADING!
BigRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
Flxratd
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRock View Post
It's always either, to hard, to easy, to rocky, too smooth, to dry or to wet. That's why they call it OFF-ROADING!
that sounds like an old sam kinison line (you get too drunk,you get too high,thats why they call it a party)

sorry thats what went through my head when i read that with the sceaming and everything.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
T-bird

We have not downloaded it yet but it was such a help to use the map to get around. Thanks for helping us out.

We moved a lot of downed trees, but didn't bother will the brush. I forgot to say that I really liked the tire garden you had. It took my tie rod out, but was a lot of fun.