Go Back   C.O.R.E. FORUM > Campfire > Trail Runs and Events
Gallery FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
no mods

Windrock/ coalcreek in oakridge tn march 10-13

Hey gang the Toyota community I belong too and I will be making a trip down To windrock this march 10th till the 13th. Most likely this will be a whole bunch of DD toyotas but anyone who wants to go with me will be welcome. I will update post as details come in so keep your eyes out!

*If you have never been it's worth the drive

Last edited by no mods; 02-01-2011 at 12:21 PM.
no mods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
f4isvt

dang i wish id be up and running by then I have wheeled my quad there several times. Absolutle amazing place. And I have a place to stay about a hour away.
1989 ext cab yota 22re bored .20 over trd cam, trd headers, Marlin crawler front bumper w/stinger, Marlin crawler roll cage, trailgear rear bumper, trailgear rock sliders, richmond 5.29's, and lockright rear, 33 nokian mt's. 10k winch. Rear disc conversion. Chromoly rear axle shafts. Bombproof motor mounts and transfer case mount. Whole lot of rust and scratches.
f4isvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
93 Krawler
>>>PMC<<<
- CORE Member -
- Administrator -

Is Coal Creek worth passing up Black Mountain?
93 Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
f4isvt

never been to black mountain but coal creek is one of the best places ive ever been to. Traill 22 is forever long and is such a variety of terrains.
1989 ext cab yota 22re bored .20 over trd cam, trd headers, Marlin crawler front bumper w/stinger, Marlin crawler roll cage, trailgear rear bumper, trailgear rock sliders, richmond 5.29's, and lockright rear, 33 nokian mt's. 10k winch. Rear disc conversion. Chromoly rear axle shafts. Bombproof motor mounts and transfer case mount. Whole lot of rust and scratches.
f4isvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
T-bird

Windrock is further south, but it takes about the same amount of time to get to both.
T-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
93 Krawler
>>>PMC<<<
- CORE Member -
- Administrator -

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4isvt View Post
never been to black mountain but coal creek is one of the best places ive ever been to. Traill 22 is forever long and is such a variety of terrains.
I've to Black Mountain 3 times, and still haven't been on all the trails. I like to be able to cruize on the mild trails and if I want to try a class 5 trail and tear up my rig, I can. It's the best place we been so far. I do want to try Coal Creek though.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
JeepHD
www.buckeyejeepers.com

Send a message via MSN to JeepHD
Personally, I like CoalCreek/Windrock better than Black Mountain/Harlan. But both are awesome places. Its been 4 years since I been to Harlan though, so I am sure it changed some. We were just at Windrock last year.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)
JeepHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
93 Krawler
>>>PMC<<<
- CORE Member -
- Administrator -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHD View Post
Personally, I like CoalCreek/Windrock better than Black Mountain/Harlan. But both are awesome places. Its been 4 years since I been to Harlan though, so I am sure it changed some. We were just at Windrock last year.
Harlan has changed a lot since I first went in the fall of 2008. There are more trails and the map system is better. I was there last fall, and it was a blast. Gets better every year.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
no mods

Ok details are slowly trickling in from the other guys going. But it seems that most are going to be camping. Plans are to arrive at the campgrounds at the park then ride Friday and Saturday. There will be a couple of local groups down there that will lead us around. So far there will be at least 15 trucks so I'm sure there will be something for everyone.

I know this update doesn't offer much, but wanted to show we (me so far from this area) are still going down. Anyone who wants to meet give me an ideas. Otherwise I'll just rip down there Thursday night or something.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #10
no mods

Ok here are the last few details I have managed to pry from the OP. Of the other thread.

It seems like we are meeting down at the windrock campgrounds.

Plans are to primitive camp - 20.00 per tent.

We are going wheel thursday Friday and saterday. 20.00 per person per day

There will be mostly DD trucks down there

The lot of trucks will be on the medium and difficult trails. (and possibly easy for the pre runner guys)

If you would like to come just let me know before i leave Thursday afternoon march 10th.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
no mods

http://www.facebook.com/nick.kinzie?sk=photos

For anyone who is interested ...