New Crawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Crawler

Did some serious trading and wound up with a new crawler.

Here are the specs.

1991 tub with a 1960's postal jeep front end with the coveted round headlights. Plated and gusseted frame with por15 paint. Full cage with 6 tie ins directly to frame on rubber mounts. Front suspension seats and rear seat with 5 point harnesses all around. 1/4" body armor wrap from BTF. Stinger bar front hoop. BTF front and rear bumpers. Tube flat fenders front and tubed rolled fenders rear. Brand new heater core and fan. Most hardware upgraded to stainless steel and grade 8 bolts with nylock nuts all over.

Axles:

Front kingpin Dana 60 with 35 spline USA Alloy outer chromoly axle shafts , Yukon inner shafts, welded 4.56 ratio, light shave with diff armor. Single piston calipers.

Rear 14 bolt with dutchman axles, detroit, 4.56 ratio, light shave with diff armor and monster antiwrap bar. Rear disc brakes single piston calipers.

Motor, trans. and case:

2006 496 big block MPI with roller rockers, cam, headers and tune. High volume oil pump with oil cooler, aluminum oil pan and a Ron Davis radiator to keep it cool. Aluminum reservoir. 3" exhaust with flowmaster muffler tucked out of harms way.
    Dual selectable battery setup.
    Turbo 400 with kevlar clutches and manual valve body setup. Trans. temp guage
    Stak 3 speed t-case with 1.1, 3.0, 5.44. Parking brake, speed sensor and oil sight guage.

Suspension:

Swayaway racerunner coilovers front 16" travel, 4 link with track bar for good street manners. Ballistic fab rebuildable joints. Military wrap bastard pack leaf sprung rear with amazingly
    good travel.

Steering:

PSC pump, reservoir and filter. Redneck ram hydro assist ram and steering box. Stainless steel braided lines. Oil cooler. Flaming rivers steering shaft.

High steer kit with tierod assy. and ram behind front axle.

Rolling mass:

39.5 pitbull rockers on recentered hummer 8 bolt rims and rock rings

Dash is custom wired from a fella on pirate 4x4 with all kinds of switches and buttons. Matching Autometer guages for tach, speedo, volt, oil pressure, fuel, trans. temp.

Aluminum fuel cell with BTF skid plate. Rock lights, led turn signals back up and brake lights. Aeromotive fuel system with fuel pressure guage.

High angle driveline driveshafts with 1410 u-joints.

220 amp monster alternator for a welding setup that used to be on jeep.

Corvette old style master cylinder with stainless steel lines and braided hoses.

Currently building a lockable aluminum center console for gear, cb and stereo system. Also pondering coilover setup on rear axle.

Pushing the skinny pedal down makes me smile but will be hard on parts! Currently fixing both valve cover leaks and took pics of the anodized blue roller rockers and took note on how clean the top of the valvetrain looked! Theres some big parts in there! 1st chevy and big block I have owned so I am new to these. Driving it to work on sunny days so far as the air filter is exposed for now.

Looking for ideas on the welded front. May go ox locker.

Pics coming so be patient please :o
    Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 10-26-2009, 02:12 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
    Pics coming so be patient please :o
    Riiiiighht.....
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

you'll probably have to promise to not work on the jeep for 2 nights to get her to post them
      1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
      FJ 40 axles (4.10)
      5.14 tcase
      36" TSL SX

Comment

sounds really sweet, can't wait to get a look at it,
        sigpic
        chris hodges
        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
          you'll probably have to promise to not work on the jeep for 2 nights to get her to post them
          That is what I have been thinking the price will be. Ever work on your jeep while they were out and make sure you are done and gone before they come home?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
            sounds really sweet, can't wait to get a look at it,
            My 2 year old daughter calls it a beater and a piece of crap since it is not shinny like the one traded for it. Aske her and she will tell ya!
            sigpic

Comment

I have pics on my computer but resizing them scares me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                My 2 year old daughter calls it a beater and a piece of crap since it is not shinny like the one traded for it. Aske her and she will tell ya!
                if that makes your rig a beater then my past trail rigs were just big
                hunks of metal with tires... lol
                sigpic
                chris hodges
                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

pics?
                  I understand the Jeep thing.......that's why i drive a Toyota.

'91 Toyota truck(3.0 to 3.4 swapped)
                  "F@#k vacuum lines my truck sucks enough!"

Comment

I've seen it in person and it is one hell of a rig. Everything on it and in it is done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                      I've seen it in person and it is one hell of a rig. Everything on it and in it is done right.
                      Well... I gotta say that
                      this thread really sucks without pics.

send me what you got truggy
                      I will get them posted..
                      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Pics please please....

Nick
                        Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                        Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

I am assuming this is it. If it is looks pretty bad ass.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1427763926.html
                          if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks hardluck for the pics. Someone has been shopping on craigslist!

Fabbing up some aluminum panels in the front wheel wells to keep the elements out of the engine bay that can be removed quickly for maintenance.

Fixed the valve cover leaks last night and took some pics of the upper head and valvetrain to document how clean the motor is.

Have more pics to show the console and motor work.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X