New Crawler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
    What part of the Ohio Revised Code states the wheels have to be inside the fenders?
    None that I saw but the state highway speaks of bumper height and fender clearance laws. I do not have the time nor want to exhaust the money to battle this. I do as they say and have been able to drive the jeep thus far with no problems and have passed many officers and even had one stop me and ask about it. Drove the black yj also with no problems and its previous owner drove it daily.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
      legal for what? soccer practice?
      I am amazed at how lax Ohio laws are compared to Kentuckys.
      sigpic

Comment

you're joking, right

Kentucky has no lift law, no fender law that I have seen, etc
        1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
        FJ 40 axles (4.10)
        5.14 tcase
        36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
          you're joking, right

Kentucky has no lift law, no fender law that I have seen, etc
          The folks that I know who live in northern Kentucky have all kinds of problems driving their offroad rigs there. More than what we have.
          sigpic

Comment

In case you missed these in the Badlands thread...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1384 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	68821

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1372 (Small).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	68822
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              None that I saw but the state highway speaks of bumper height and fender clearance laws. I do not have the time nor want to exhaust the money to battle this. I do as they say and have been able to drive the jeep thus far with no problems and have passed many officers and even had one stop me and ask about it. Drove the black yj also with no problems and its previous owner drove it daily.
              Okay, just checking. We've had quite a few of these discussions within our club and it basically comes down to Ohio having pretty minimal vehicle modification laws. The only thing set in stone are:
              1. maximum bumper height
              2. all of the lights (turn signals, brakes, etc...)
              3. one rearview mirror

Now with that said there is writing in the Revised Code that an officer could write a vehicle up for. Can't remember the exact working but believe it's something along the lines of "perceived hazardous condition" or something...kinda' the catch all.

The bumper height law is by no means strictly enforced because there are a lot of lifted vehicles on the road that exceed it. Back in the days my fullsize Blazer with a 4" lift and 35" tires and stock bumpers (i.e. lower hanging) was right at the limit.

But anyway, enough of going off topic.

I really like the Jeep, and the 8.1L is pimp.

Comment

I really like the Jeep, and the 8.1L is pimp.[/QUOTE]

Flxratd (Scott A.) sunday summed up the process in which you have to take before you throttle it up best.

He said "you better have a plan before you let the rpms build".

That statement is so true. It is probably 200 hp more than needed but can make up for what the jeep is currently lacking in the rear leaf spring setup.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey Truggy, how wide are your beadlocks for those Rockers?? 10"?

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                    Hey Truggy, how wide are your beadlocks for those Rockers?? 10"?
                    9.75-10" You want the rockers? I am looking to go to 42" TSL Irocs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just swap your pitbulls on the black jeep and the iroks onto this one....

easy enough and saves you money, also puts less strain on the 4.0 and tranny in the black yj.
                      78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Originally posted by JasonCJ7 View Post
                        Just swap your pitbulls on the black jeep and the iroks onto this one....

easy enough and saves you money, also puts less strain on the 4.0 and tranny in the black yj.
                        the pitbull setup is heavier by 8lbs. Black crawler sold last night. I would have loved to have been able to try the combo out though!
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, is that the same rig as page one?

Looks a lot better in the daylight...

Congrats!

Robert
                          DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                          Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Black crawler sold last night.
                            Well, I guess that answers that question I had.

So, are you puttering around on a golf cart now?:p
                            1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                            FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                            5.14 tcase
                            36" TSL SX

Comment

Originally posted by Hope Springs Hauler View Post
                              Well, I guess that answers that question I had.

So, are you puttering around on a golf cart now?:p
                              Not yet but soon! Very soon! Hopefully.
                              sigpic

Comment

The folks that I know who live in northern Kentucky have all kinds of problems driving their offroad rigs there. More than what we have.
                                Thats news to me. There are quite a few of us here in the NKY and we have no problems whatsoever, even the bigger rigs. Kentucky has no restrictions on anything. I know a few guys in the Law Enforcement field and the only thing they have told me is that it cant be wider than the lines on the road lol So we're all good.

Annnyway...the rig looks very good! I'm lovin that engine, tires, axles, color, grill, etc etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X