No announcement yet.

Hamilton & New Tech to Stop Speeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The enforcement part has become a big issue in a lot of Cities. Dayton has had red light cameras for years, West Carollton has red light cameras and automated speed limit ticketing also. The "Tickets" these things spit out are a civil action, not a law enforcement action, which is why such a large number of people aren't paying them. I keep hearing second hand that the Police won't go after someone with this type of ticket, I'd really like to hear the REAL info on it.

Comment

In Middletown they send you a few pictures of you running the light along with a ticket for 100 bucks. You can fight it BUT you have to send the money in then wait for a court date and if you're found not guilty they'll give you the 100 back,probably minus court costs....

If you choose not to pay the first ticket they'll send you another for $125 and you lose the right to fight it in court.

If you don't pay that one they'll send a third ticket for $150 with a bunch of mumbo jumbo about how its you're final warning.

When you don't pay the third apparently they give up and start bothering somebody else

Acording to them I've "ran through" 3 red lights in the last 3-5 years. I paid the first ticket after they sent me the final warning, then didn't pay the second two and nothing has ever happened. I've been stopped for speeding once or twice and have renewed my drivers lincense since then also and nothing came up on my record.

That last part makes me sound like a terrible driver running 3 lights and getting stopped twice lol. But the camera takes your picture if any part of your truck crosses over a certain line after the light turns red. So its not like I was just blowing through intersections 10 seconds after the light changed lol

Comment

Working...
      X