Busted transfer case---HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordandg View Post
    I am no expert but it seems you are going through a lot of trouble & money for a 231 to work?
    Yeah it sucks. Not sure of any other options that will bolt up to my transmission. If it's more than I want to pay I'll just have them put it back together and sell it. I'm open to any suggestions that may work.
    1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB
    3/4 axles, 39.5 IROKS, HYDRO assist

Comment

I have a 231 out a 95 yj you can have if it will work! I have no use for anything off a jeep!! Me n Steve waited around Sat. b4 we went wheelin told him and bubba you was gonna try in make ride
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

I am pretty sure a dana 300 will pretty much bolt up in place of a 231 in a jeep. The front output will be on the wrong side but from what I understand they are fairly easy to flip
        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
          I have a 231 out a 95 yj you can have if it will work! I have no use for anything off a jeep!! Me n Steve waited around Sat. b4 we went wheelin told him and bubba you was gonna try in make ride
          I appreciated man, still fighting this issue as you can see. I was hoping to be putting it in tomorrow but that's not going to happen. I don't know the difference in a Jeep t-case and mine. If you can, measure the input shaft for me and I'll check. I know they are different side drives but the shaft may work for me, depending on the spline. Too many variences in the same case, that's a bunch of crap.

(itbrokeagain)
          I'll see what I can find out about the 300 as well, thanks dude.
          1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

I have a friend who has a case from a 1997 3/4 ton, 360, manual dodge ram for 250.00. if it does not work he will take it back.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              I have a friend who has a case from a 1997 3/4 ton, 360, manual dodge ram for 250.00. if it does not work he will take it back.
              I'll have to check on that. Got another connection to another stock replacement I'm looking at tomorrow now that I know the issues.

Been reading some of the doubler builds for the 231 on Pirate, anyone done this?
              1994 Dodge Ram 5.9L SWB

Comment

Working...
              X