No announcement yet.

Just got the Fourwheeler magazine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if he was planing on putting any more lights on there. dont think he will be able to see very well!
    Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

maybe if carwash built him a bigger stinger he could mount more lights on it....

i like the buggy. but i dont think bigger is better on a ultra 4 style rig.
      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

It is a bit large IMO... 49's at 120 mph, no thanks, only if they were on a 24" wheel or larger. It's a sharp looking rig. And yes, the lights seem a bit ridiculous.

Comment

Didn't he yard-sale his last rig at KOH last year?

Comment

Was that him? I wouldn't have recalled it, but now that you bring it up, i think maybe yer right...

Wait, wasn't that Thorsen? hahahah!

Comment

even with a 24 inch rim could you imagine the up travel speed on that tire and rim when you hit somthing!?!?!? H.S! could end up like a hairy woman very fast...= sh!ty situation! (just incase you were wondering if that was good or bad Rob)
              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                Speaking of FourWheeler and TTC... don't forget that Monday at 8:00pm on the Outdoor channel (and HD) will be the first glimpse of TTC 2010 footage....
                Originally posted by eighty3bronco View Post
                I just looked and the only thing I see at 8pm is Dirt Trax TV. before that is ultimate adventure.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...k/436135427490

Just going by this note in Facebook... but, you're right, I noticed that my DVR says something non-TTC in that time slot... hoping it will fix itself by Monday...
                brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I checked it as well, mine does not list TTC footage as the show to come on in that time slot.

Comment

I am so excited that i think i just dribbled a little bit! We need to make that night a poker tournament night and watch the show as well! You get distracted and I will take the loot!
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't get too excited... the whole darn thing is just a teaser to get you to buy the DVD... But I still can't wait to see it...
                      brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I'm excited to see it, hope my DVR wakes up and finds it.

Comment

Looks like we'll have a chance to see Scott and the buggy Oct 2...

Here's some more info/pics:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f159/...tures-1104578/

Those are most certainly his 80/rockwell hybrid axles...
                          brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwend View Post
                            even with a 24 inch rim could you imagine the up travel speed on that tire and rim when you hit somthing!?!?!? H.S! could end up like a hairy woman very fast...= sh!ty situation! (just incase you were wondering if that was good or bad Rob)
                            whats wrong with hairy women??? as long as they dont have an adam's apple bigger than mine......

yeah, seeing how a lot of koh guys are running off the shelf RADIAL tires to make high speed tolerable, i wouldent look forward to 49's at all in the desert.

i wish i got the outdoor channel. guess im stuck with extreme 4x4 showing me how to get better gas milage from a 98 ram....
                            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                              a poker tournament night
                              whats this?
                              For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

I've got a D70HD under the back of my TJ.

Some other info on D70s:

The D70HD uses larger carrier bearings and has 4" dia axle tubes.

The D70U has a SMOOTH bottom... very nice.

Uses the same D60 pinion yokes... interchangability is nice. since you've likely got a 60 in the front(like I do).

Deeper gears available(down to 7.17) as already mentioned... I LOVE my 5.86s with stock 4.0

Not sure about 14 bolts, but most D70s have equal length axle shafts left and right... less spares.

The housing is cast steel... very easy to weld vs the 14 bolt's cast IRON center section.

1.5" diameter shafts... mine are 35 spline. There are some oddball coarse splined axles out there too but 35 spline is relatively common AFAIK.

Carriers... kinda expensive for this axle but SOME of the D70 carriers are 2pc carriers... in which case the Detroit upgrade is actually relatively cheap IIRC. Some have 1pc carriers and you need to buy a full Detroit then as well.

Another thing on gears... there is NO 5.38 gear ratio available for any D70... so if you have a D60 for the front or something already geared to 5.38s... you're better off just getting a 14 bolt instead. Similar strength but you won't be re-regearing your front axle. I found this out when the previous owner told me it had 5.38 gears... I was very happy about that... then found out that 5.38s don't exist... inspection found I have 5.86s which work really well on 40s. Tons of power and it's not too terrible shifting all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X