Big News... My new digs and new company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big News... My new digs and new company

So, I've been wanting to take things larger for a while. I have felt that I would never be able to get any larger than I am in my current shop. I quite often have to turn away work due to not having room to house more than one ongoing project at a time. If I get one all torn down and immobile, it has to fill that space until it is mobile again.

I also have been wanting to push myself more into parts production, etc. So I wanted a facility that I could block off and have room for more of that type of work. I also wanted to be able to have a larger showroom and parts storage where I can offer parts for sale in stock as much as possible.

The need for me to diversify my business has always been on the front of my mind as well. Been wanting to get into everything from street/drag/race engine/drivetrain tuning as well as classic restoration and resto-mod work.

I was presented with the opportunity to partner with a guy that has been involved in managing and owning speed/repair/fab shops most of his life. My partner's name is Gene Fine, and we sign off tomorrow and take possession of our new facility. 12,500 square feet on the river in Dayton, KY. The address is 935 Second Avenue, Dayton KY, 41074. Here are a few shots of the building in the shape that we take possession.

Also, the name that we do business under will change as well. The Sigma name will stay with the guys that are currently using it. The new company name is "Red 9 Fabrication and Speed".

http://www.red9fab.com

Haven't even begun the site yet... aside from throwing a logo up there.

So, here's to 12,500 square feet of fun. We start to move in this week. Stop down and say hey.

Congratulations to you on this new adventure. Hope all goes well for you and Mr. Fine. Nice looking facility. Let it soon be filled with customer projects and production equipment.

John
    sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice - best of luck on this new venture!

Comment

Congrats!!
        I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Thanks a lot, i'm pretty damn excited.

Comment

good luck

Comment

so what type of manpower you gonna have?
              i know abount the cnc cutter, press, ect... what other production equipment you gonna have? are you heading away from offroad junk?

hey- youll be a lot closer to me! im likin that... no more hour drives for tube, yay!!!
              my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Congrats!! and good luck!!

Comment

Very nice building. It'll be very cool to see when you get it all set-up. Best of luck! Sure sounds like the same "go big or go home" attitude you put into the Yeti build! I hope this pans out just as big for you.

Comment

Congrats...thats in my home town lol Make sure you lock your doors and not leave anything outside...
                    --------
                    O____O
                    (O|||||||O)
                    --O---O--

Comment

With some hard work and a bit of luck you will be great! Good luck and I will be down to check it out for sure!
                      sigpic

Comment

ive reviewed the pics and verified that there is a place for me to put a bed and dresser in corner.... im movin in! next to the pop/beer machine please....

whats the power situation...? 3 phase im sure... 480v?
                        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Congrats and Good Luck Mike! I hope everything goes well for you and your partner. And please do not raise your tubing prices just because you are going "big time"!
                          One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                          LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Interesting. I know Gene from way back in his Mustang racing days. I've raced with his old parterns at Modular Depot for years. Tell him Drivermod says hi and Congrats!
                            Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
                              so what type of manpower you gonna have?
                              i know abount the cnc cutter, press, ect... what other production equipment you gonna have? are you heading away from offroad junk?

hey- youll be a lot closer to me! im likin that... no more hour drives for tube, yay!!!
                              Just the two of us for right now. Will only hire if the needs arise beyond that. Still looking for some coveted equipment... need a vertical saw still, couple lifts, nicer mill, blah blah blah.

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                              Very nice building. It'll be very cool to see when you get it all set-up. Best of luck! Sure sounds like the same "go big or go home" attitude you put into the Yeti build! I hope this pans out just as big for you.
                              That's the way I looked at it. Never know unless I try.

Originally posted by began View Post
                              Congrats...thats in my home town lol Make sure you lock your doors and not leave anything outside...
                              Thanks for the reassurance. Being in your home town, i better become your shop of choice!

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
                              ive reviewed the pics and verified that there is a place for me to put a bed and dresser in corner.... im movin in! next to the pop/beer machine please....

whats the power situation...? 3 phase im sure... 480v?
                              3 phase 480 yes. I'm sure I will need some of your help at some point.. In fact, very soon. I need to figure out what some of this electrical **** is i have here. I can provide a bed and dresser.

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                              Congrats and Good Luck Mike! I hope everything goes well for you and your partner. And please do not raise your tubing prices just because you are going "big time"!
                              Nah, my prices are good, don't worry.

Thanks for the wishes of luck everyone, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X