3500 RPM, falls on its face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 RPM, falls on its face

:mad: nissan pickup with the 2.4 4cyl when driving it once it gets to 3500 rpm it completly falls on its face and wont pick up untill about 2700 rpm, wht gives? somebody chime in :confused:
    2013 RZR S

plugged fuel filter?
    1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
    FJ 40 axles (4.10)
    5.14 tcase
    36" TSL SX

Comment

i guess that a possability, never really thought of that to be honest, i was assuming spark. it has a check engine light on but its OBD1 and i dont have a scanner that will do one i have an OBD2 scanner.:(
      2013 RZR S

Comment

i had a 88 mazda p/u that did the same thing... Took me forever to figure it out... The filter was almost on top of the tank... Fuel filter fixed it...

good luck
        Chris
        sigpic
        chris hodges
        96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
        71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

awesome thanks chris i looked online and i guess the filter is on the right side on the fire wall and its only 13 bucks im gettin a filter as soon as i get off work here
          2013 RZR S

Comment

negative on the fuel filter :mad:
            2013 RZR S

Comment

cat, converter? had a ford truck do this same thing, ran great except for a certain rpm, it wouldnt do anything, but if you got past it, or before the rpms it ran fine

Comment

sometimes with obdI you can get in your book and there will be 2 pins you can cross on the plug with a paper clip or jumper wire and it will make your service light flash a certain pattern when you turn they key on and that pattern will be in defined in your book (haynes)...hope this helps..
                S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod View Post
                  negative on the fuel filter :mad:
                  damn.... good luck...
                  sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress

Comment

Originally posted by bgwyllys61 View Post
                    cat, converter? had a ford truck do this same thing, ran great except for a certain rpm, it wouldnt do anything, but if you got past it, or before the rpms it ran fine
                    really? hmm ill look into that thanks

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                    sometimes with obdI you can get in your book and there will be 2 pins you can cross on the plug with a paper clip or jumper wire and it will make your service light flash a certain pattern when you turn they key on and that pattern will be in defined in your book (haynes)...hope this helps..
                    ahh flash codes thanks

Originally posted by gothodgie View Post
                    damn.... good luck...
                    ya, thanks anyway tho!!
                    2013 RZR S

Comment

Originally posted by bgwyllys61 View Post
                      I was also thinking cat. converter after the fuel filter struck out... I believe that we had to drill holes into one on an historic road-trip down to the Gorge.... was a Ranger towing a Zuk.
                      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

unbolted exhaust before cat... and.... still same thing. :(
                        also bought a new dist. cap and rotor button and that didnt help either.
                        noticed that the dist. looked retarded.. ;) so took it loose and forked around with it a bit. got a little better but went up to about 4100 rpm b4 it starts its s41t

**Also, if you mash the skinny pedal from idle it stumbles over itself, clears up about 1300 then starts to its normal bull-snot at 3800 :mad:

im going to buy a chiltons i guess, insted of throwing parts at it
                        2013 RZR S

Comment

poop.
                          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                            poop.
                            x2
                            sigpic
                            chris hodges

Comment

Does it happen anytime, or only when warmed up? Wondering about the o2 sensor.
                              1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
                              FJ 40 axles (4.10)
                              5.14 tcase
                              36" TSL SX

Comment

Working...
                              X