Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey sarge!

Or any other police dude....
    When a state boy pulls up behind you cause he wants to check u out on the highway, why do they tailgate so close for so long?. I can se maybe for a second to get ur plate numbers then backing back off. But this never happens, they juat stay close. Is there a reason?. This has happened every time i ever been pulled over in my life.. Maybe ten times or so.
    im curious cause when its of a night its really distacting when ur driving and you know its a cop tailgating but you cant tap ur brakes like for a regular tailgator cause you know that will tick him off. But it creates a dangerous situation if you deeded to brake for a deer. And if you did and he hit u he would somehow make it your fault cause hes the law...

Im curious on why they do it and if they are cautioned against creating this situation?
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

He's setting you up for the pit maneuver!

Comment

it is for YOU to give probable cause for a traffic stop ! by that hime just being behind you will make you nervis wether you'v done anything wroung at that point or not SO givin that if you drift left of center , weave, no turn signal,several reasons can be considered AS probable cause I can follow someone in my priviate car car the same way as i do in the patroll car an get the same reaction just the presents of the COP being behind you will make you nervis to give him probable cause if he wants to stop you for something !! 15 yr law enforcment.
      sigpic Sgt Steve S.

Comment

I say break check them! They (Police Officers) are no better or worse than anyone else on the road and have to follow by the same laws. I have been passed by the law on the interstate when I was rolling 75 mph. I just spped up and follow them at thier rate of speed. I do it all of the time. I also watched a cop drive by my house at a minimum of 50 mph with no lights or siren. The Speed limit is 25 mph. I caught a glimpse of his car # and gave the chief a call. I then ran into the same cop a week later and ask him WTF his problem was. He was not happy! I let him know that I was the one that called the chief.
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

i for one am glad they speed on the big road. can you see all the traffic backed up behind one doing 70 on the interstate? be glad you have someone to call when you need them...

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I respect them for what they do.
            One Country, One Flag, One Language...
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I don't care who they are, they get too close I start slowing down.

Comment

will this guy get ticket
                Attached Files
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

O hell no, lol that's good **** lmao
                  Jeeps are cute. Barbe drives one.

Comment

yea ! probably so ! just like us having to GET OUT IN THE RAIN ! yer probly gona get a tickett ! LMAO !

GUYS I'M TRULY GLAD I'M FIXING TO RETIRE EARLY !
                    sigpic Sgt Steve S.

Comment

but why follow if we the people aint doing nothing why make use nerves to give reason to pull us over :confused:
                      08 jeep Sahara soon to be with 33s

Comment

Gotta meet that quota for the month man. Plus the department needs money for the cookout and took keep the horseshoe pit clean with fresh sand.
                        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

they did away with the quota thing years ago ! now OSP does theres on a points or PINCH system NO one else does this method . following you closly to get yer tag # and to observe your driving well it's a POLICE THING ! just like the ability to speed over the postid limit WITHOUT lights and sirens= eliment of suprise.
                          sigpic Sgt Steve S.

Comment

Well I havent got an answer I agree with yet. I will say that whenever ive been tailgated, its split halfway,...sometimes I had been speeding, sometimes I had not, sometimes my vehicle matched a description of another ones that they were searching for. Im not questioning why they get close. Obviously its to get my plate numbers. What I dont understand is wht they keep on my tail, sometimws for milea before they either pull me over or decide to give up...i think getting plate numbers only take less than a minuite, and im in a camry so its not like they would lose me. If you ever been tailgated at night you know how hard it is to concentrate on road and traffic ahead. Surely theres another reason.
                            my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

at night it is for DUI paranoid drunk people watch for cops in the mirror, you drive out of yer mirror you swerve ( thats why you turn them up and focus) ...like fuzz said it is to make you give them a reason to pull you over. Trust me no one wants to be behind YOU that long for no reason... the smell is horrid , During the day it usually is to wait until you are in a safe area to pull you over.
                              Dont look @ me in that tone of voice or I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE SHIRT! :mad:

Comment

Working...
                              X