No announcement yet.

Hey sarge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your Camry is like mine put the cruse on and at night flip the mirror. If you have to stop for some reason then it will be their problem. Maybe because I haven't had a ticket since I was 20, I don't care what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
      Well I havent got an answer I agree with yet. I will say that whenever ive been tailgated, its split halfway,...sometimes I had been speeding, sometimes I had not, sometimes my vehicle matched a description of another ones that they were searching for. Im not questioning why they get close. Obviously its to get my plate numbers. What I dont understand is wht they keep on my tail, sometimws for milea before they either pull me over or decide to give up...i think getting plate numbers only take less than a minuite, and im in a camry so its not like they would lose me. If you ever been tailgated at night you know how hard it is to concentrate on road and traffic ahead. Surely theres another reason.
      face it they got a report of a holdup at dunkin donuts and a car with the same description as yours was spotted leaving at a high rate(sorry you said it was a camry)impeding traffic and was wanted for questioning
      One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by thefuzz View Post
        they did away with the quota thing years ago ! now OSP does theres on a points or PINCH system NO one else does this method . following you closly to get yer tag # and to observe your driving well it's a POLICE THING ! just like the ability to speed over the postid limit WITHOUT lights and sirens= eliment of suprise.
        And it your daughter that gets ran over and killed when they are doing 50+ in a 25 residential area. "It's a police thing"? Please
        One Country, One Flag, One Language...
        LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

wow ,I step away from my computer for a couple days and look what I missed .

Rob , let me try to answer your question.

Troopers like to give tickets , thats all they know how to do . If you put a Trooper in a section 8 apartment complex on a weekend evening they would have to shoot their way out because they do not know how to interact with people other then .... Sir can I see your license and insurance ? but it's not their fault ....... they put something in the water while their in the academy......

So if you are having a problem with the troopers coming up on your bumper and hanging out , you are prob. driving a little on the aggresive side. He first getting your plate number and then looking for the PC for the stop or the continued aggresive driving . My suggestion is that if you can cheange lanes , do. If you are already in the slow lane , go ahead and pull over. He will stop behind ...... When he asks what the problem is be honest and tell him that he was too close to your rear end and you did not think he was operating in a safe manor. Remember to speak clearly and be polite because you are on tape if he gives you a citation for what ever the reason given you can go to his post and talk it over with his supervisor. There are bad apples out there , in all jobs.

Biggin ,

I understand that you were upset because the officer sped past your house , however, keep in mind the officer could have been responding to a call . We do not always run lights and siren and are allowed to safely travel over the speed limit if warranted , but we are still held at fault if we are running hot and have an accident. I have had to put Officers at fault many times during investigations. Now , the other side of that would be that the officer was not responding to a call and was just speeding through the hood at twice the speed limit , he would be in the wrong. But , calling the Chief of police and thinking the officer is going to get in trouble is just wasting yours and the Chiefs time unless you have a calibrated radar gun and a video of the cruiser passing your home...... Oh , and that video has to be time stamped...... In a nut shell , you have to prove what the speed was and at what time and date or the most the officer is going to get is questioned and or cautioned about his driving habits.

Comment

Since we are telling lovely cop stories.......

Last snow we had I pulled into the left turn lane next to a trooper. He rolled down his window and was looking at me so I rolled down my window. He then yelled at me (and I really mean yelled) and told me that I wasnt in the proper lane and I needed to pay more attention. I was shocked. Didnt know what to say especially because I could look out my drivers window and see the double yellow under the snow. Meaning I was in the right spot to make a left turn.
            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
              Biggin ,

I understand that you were upset because the officer sped past your house , however, keep in mind the officer could have been responding to a call . We do not always run lights and siren and are allowed to safely travel over the speed limit if warranted , but we are still held at fault if we are running hot and have an accident. I have had to put Officers at fault many times during investigations. Now , the other side of that would be that the officer was not responding to a call and was just speeding through the hood at twice the speed limit , he would be in the wrong. But , calling the Chief of police and thinking the officer is going to get in trouble is just wasting yours and the Chiefs time unless you have a calibrated radar gun and a video of the cruiser passing your home...... Oh , and that video has to be time stamped...... In a nut shell , you have to prove what the speed was and at what time and date or the most the officer is going to get is questioned and or cautioned about his driving habits.
              Sarge,

I did not call the Chief to get the guy in trouble. I called to make a point. I do not give rats ass if the officer was responding to a call (no lights or siren ) or racing to the donut shop. It makes no difference, if there would have been an accident, it would have been totally avoidable. It would be no different if a Trenton cop was doing donuts in your culdesac. You would be pissed.
              LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I think this will explain everything
                http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...rainSoHard.mp4

Comment

that was funny tom i watched it twice and i thought the second time i could see yellowjackets camry in the distance.

Comment

Nice!
                    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Too funny...

Comment

Lets all pick on the fat kid...:) actually im ok with it, cause I have lost 17 lbs this year so far. Without amputation... Hey jwend, I left u a vm.... Call me if u wanna do my gutters
                        Last edited by yellowjacket; 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM.
                        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
                          Sarge,

I did not call the Chief to get the guy in trouble. I called to make a point. I do not give rats ass if the officer was responding to a call (no lights or siren ) or racing to the donut shop. It makes no difference, if there would have been an accident, it would have been totally avoidable. It would be no different if a Trenton cop was doing donuts in your culdesac. You would be pissed.

See , right here is the point that will always be debated with out answer . you say you don't give a rats ass if he was responding to a call or the donut shop ..... Thats complete bull **** !!!! if it was your daughter being assaulted or something worse .... you'd give a rats ass !!!!!! IT'S A 2 WAY STREET ... JUST REALLY EASY TO BUST ON THE POLICE .. .it's ok most of us have thick skin and just laugh it off.

95% of the public have no idea whats it's really like out there in the real world , 4 % been there and walked a mile in our shoes and the other 1% ***** about **** they don't understand and keep repeating that they pay our salaries and we should be at the donut shop.

Comment

So Sarge, twist or cream filled?

You guys bust ass and I appreciate it.
                            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

not picking sides at all because we will never know at this point if he spilled his coffee or was truly responding to a call. i have a little more of an understanding of what a officer looks at everyday being the son of a now 10 year retired 28 year on the force officer and i personally cant amagine going to work everyday with alot of the bad rap that the good ones take. that said you are driving around in a mobile billboard and you do need to act as such and unfotunatlly not alot of them do because they have a get out of jail free card. i would think that officer would want to use better judgement in a area where people (kids in this case) are present just so he wouldnt want to live with guilt of what could happin if it wasnt a valid response. in this case we will not know what the situation was at this point and everyone did what they thought they needed to do and that would be there right.

Comment

I think it is plain wrong for a cop to hide on a ramp so I can't see him and pull me over for going 105 in a 65...
                                Ha, he clocked me as I was slowing down from 125. That's why I don't drive the SS much. It's trouble...

Comment

Working...
                                X