No announcement yet.

mckeddie???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no wheels, going to order up some cone washers here in a little bit to finish getting the front end back together so i can get it on rollers to get it to joey's to weld up the knuckle gussets and shock tabs.
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

welp, she has seen the light of day. almost ready for its trial run before getting rebuilt. going to take it to attica the weekend of the 30th, might even run the trec race if i can get it up to specs in time. going to cut out the door bar, and raise it up so the belt line is straight, then add some gussets under it, also add a brace running from the belt line bar up to the roof bar at the a pillar if that makes sense to try and make the window net area smaller. need to finish putting the front passenger knuckle back together (back side of knuckle not done, no seals or wiper, and knuckle not full of grease yet), also need to fill transfer cases, and make some steering stops on the ram then she's ready to go. going to wait till after i redo the rear and make it a 3 seater before i redo all the skins.

Comment

its only 73'' outside of tire width wise right now. for reference, my tj was at 94'' when it had 15'' wheels with 40'' tsl's, then i skinnied it up to 82 when i went to the 17's with 39'' red labels. this narrow is going to be way different for me. i'm having doubts to its stability in comaprison, even with the sway bar.

Comment

zuk buggy looks damn good! boys did good job, so where u haul the beer!?
          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

gotta swap out a rear ujoint, fill the tanks, and this thing is finally ready to go...

Comment

Lookin good
              my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

haven't updated in a long time. buggy has been out 2 times only so far, but its been an eventful 2 times. it works awesome, alot better than any of the jeeps, but definitely lacks power. i'm thinking about swapping a newer toyota 4 cyl and auto into it for fuel injection, and i hate shifting gears (ive always wheeled autos, sticks are for the street imo).

sold the open trailer, and bought an enclosed to haul it in, so i have somewhere dry and secure to sleep in kentucky. its a tight fit, and still need to build ramps for it, but i only payed $1000 for it. has brakes on on 4 wheels, torsion axles, and is 22' inside, so room for the buggy and me to live with all my crap.

Comment

took the buggy to haspin for a night, wheeled it problem free for a couple of hours, then they got 3 inches of rain, so we loaded up and headed home. no pics from then. got it home, shined her up, got the skins put back on, and took it to a local car show

\

and since, many of you will ask, here is a couple of pics of tim's international pickup rat rod in the background, it's done now, about 1/2 way done in these pics

took it to a local spot a couple of times and played on some hills, and crawled around on some dirt piles while sorting stuff out, and figuring out what all i want to change, here is how she's been sitting most of the summer

took it up to bundy hill for a day in michigan and this was the result

Comment

let wyatt drive it around up there, he's 13.

Comment

after rolling it up there, realized the door bars needed to go for something that filled in a little more. a little work with the saw zaw and grinder, and problem solved.

spent some time with the tape trying to figure out how i wanted the new bars

me and butch hauled it down to sidney to joey's house and spent a morning with the bender, notcher and joey's expert welding skills, and voila, much better.

Comment

oh, and why we were there we figured out what my clunking in the front end was.

somehow managed to brake the mounting ears off teh caliper. better than the r&p i thought it was.

Comment

and that brings it up current. tommorrow my new caliper will be here. thinking i'm heading up to southbend and picking up a few more propane tanks next week and she'll be all set for harlan.

Comment

very nice....

sigpic
                            chris hodges
                            96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                            71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

got my junk out and ready to wheel, now just need to find some time.

Comment

You should black out the trailer so it will match that truck you wouldn't sell me

Comment

Working...
                                X