No announcement yet.

New Project, maybe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also looking athe MT wheels so nothing for sure yet, but the AR wheels are cheaper.

Funny thing is I thought mine was a some what rare color. I see mostly red, blue, green, white, and purple on the roadways. Now that I have it, it seems everyone on every site has the same one.

...must just be good taste.
    1996 Grand Cherokee w/ 2" Rubicon Express BB, RE Shocks, M/T Classic II's w/ Falken AT 30x9.5's

2011 F150 Scab w/ Ecoboost, 2" front lift, 1.5" rear lift, 33" BFG's

Comment

Update:
      So I have about 3000 miles on the Grand since installing the LA's. Been on the trails twice before this weekend but both those times it was pretty wet and muddy, (the Turtle was a soup bowl) so I had yet to really put it to the test or at least challenge its ability a little. Well what a difference it makes when you can flex and keep all four tires on the ground! Dropping in and out of the creek, off camber climbs, ruts no problem. Compared to the XJ, when it wasn't locked up front, this thing with out being locked just kept on going. It was really fun. I got the front wheel well pinch seems done before this weekend and the extended front brake lines on too. So next is getting the rocker guards finished, trussing the D44HD and on and on....
      Romans 7-8

Comment

Nice job! That thing looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Thank you and it is, both on and off road :)
          Romans 7-8

Comment

something never added to the build thread.
            Attached Files
            Romans 7-8

Comment

Looking good.Hope to see you on the trail this spring.

Nick
              Last edited by Coppertop; 03-04-2014, 07:02 PM.
              Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
              Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

It's looking good. I like your Fab of the tow points and the rock sliders. I am curious about your tires at full stuff. I looks tight in the fender wells so do you plan on opening them up?
                Facta, non Verba. 2001 Wrangler
                2000 Wrangler TJ
                1967 CJ5A
                2004 Tow rig

Comment

Thanks Nick, I hope to get out more this year too. We have more techs at work now so should free up some time, or maybe cause more work for me.....

Flint, No plans yet to open up the wheel wells. It wheels pretty good like it is with minor contacting issues at the front when turning flexed. The plan was to eventually graduate to 35's and up it to 6" lift but I'm not ready for that yet. So I'm doing a bunch of other little mods for now to work on reliability and trail ready-ness. I picked up a winch so now I'm working on integrating the winch mount onto the tow points and upgrading the charging/electrical system. Also still have under carriage led lights to install, over head lighting to install and some day, put in a CB. It sure is fun to drive the way is right now though.
                  Romans 7-8

Comment

Any more updates? Plan on going to the pull and pay tomorrow to hopefully dig up a few things I need.

We still need to get the sisters together.
                    1996 Grand Cherokee w/ 2" Rubicon Express BB, RE Shocks, M/T Classic II's w/ Falken AT 30x9.5's

2011 F150 Scab w/ Ecoboost, 2" front lift, 1.5" rear lift, 33" BFG's

Comment

Working...
                    X