New Project, maybe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project, maybe...

My new project is a 96 Grand Cherokee that was my sisters for over 10 years. Garage kept and very well maintained. She was rear ended a few weeks ago and pushed into the car in front of her. Of course because of the age and mileage, the insurance company totaled it. So I ask her to find out what the buy back is. $560.00! cool, I bought it. It finally got towed to the house this week and I got a good look under neath last night. Bad news, the left frame rail is kinked where the lower control arm mounts. So the left rear wheel sits forward about 3/4 of an inch.
    So now my question; get the frame pulled, rebuild and drive it? or put on a long arm kit, 38's and wheel it!
    Romans 7-8

pics.........
    Attached Files
    Romans 7-8

Comment

Long arm it ...fo sho.....

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

OK, priced out long arm kit today and body parts. That looks like the way to go for now. I mean, what the heck. I wanted to lift this buggy sometime any way, right? Why not go all in...... So who wants a slightly used 86' XJ? Anybody? Bueller? Hello?
        Romans 7-8

Comment

Picked up the Long Arm kit today :) now if only someone would by this slightly used XJ..........
          Attached Files
          Romans 7-8

Comment

Holy chit that's a lotta boxes...
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Yea I hope there are pictures with the instructions!
              Romans 7-8

Comment

If the ZJ installation manuel is set up the same as the XJ...There will be plenty of pics to reference.

Nick
                Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Got more parts today......
                  Attached Files
                  Romans 7-8

Comment

Stage 1 of my GRAND ZJ build is well under way. Stage 1 is repairing the body, very minor damage. Less than my XJ project. Getting the salvage inspection passed before installing the 4" RC LA kit. Today, got the HD44 hanging under it. The D35 was damaged in the wreck. I had to remove broken bolts and rust frozen rotors from the 44 before hanging it. Also got a huge box delivered today with most of the replacement body parts today.
                    Romans 7-8

Comment

more
                      Attached Files
                      Romans 7-8

Comment

took another measurement of the rearend after hanging the 44. only 3/8 inch shorter on that side now. Looks like there is some room in the control arm bolt hole to gain just a little more. Should be good enough for salvage inspection. since all they care about is having receipts for your parts....
                        Romans 7-8

Comment

Stage one of this project is about finished.....now just gotta schedule receipt, I mean, "salvage" inspection. Then, after I get the trans replaced in daughters Honda, she says a cat ran out in front of her:confused: The long arm install begins
                          Attached Files
                          Romans 7-8

Comment

Lookin' good... Love the chrome grille.

Nick

WHO-DEY
                            Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                            Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Yea, chrome was $4.00 more than the black..... so i go for it lol
                              Romans 7-8

Comment

Working...
                              X