RC Crawler guys..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Crawler guys..

Bought my son a Axial AX10 RTR ..fun as hell little rig. I'm looking at what small improvements can/should we make before we start flogging this thing.

Tires .. lower the COG .. hard parts..?
    Last edited by JeffK5; 10-15-2011, 01:32 PM.

Fun little rigs. I built a nice little rock garden the back yard for mine. Buy the 4 link brackets that mount to the top of the diffs and get rid of the makeshift trianleation they have. This will help get rid of the torque twist of the body. Also the driveshafts don't last long so get some traxxis driveshafts on the cheap. I also got rid of the stock springs and got softer springs and a new aluminum belly pan.

Tons of fun.

Sent from Sputnik. Please send more Tang.

Comment

Register on RCCrawler.com and read through the Axial AX-10 Thread. There is a begginers Guide and lots of free/cheap upgrades that will help you out.
      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biggin69 View Post
        Register on RCCrawler.com and read through the Axial AX-10 Thread. There is a begginers Guide and lots of free/cheap upgrades that will help you out.
        Will do..

I did a little E-tradin on Pirate this morn and got a second used AX10..has sticky tires and aluminium links and steering gear.

Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by solar1 View Post
          Fun little rigs. I built a nice little rock garden the back yard for mine.
          Let see some pics of the rock garden.

Comment

I'll post up after I get back from wheeling tomorrow.

Last edited by solar1; 10-15-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Buy a spare parts kit. I had one a few months ago and ended up breaking rod ends and the little "Y" link. I replaced it with an aluminum one. Get a Rooster Crawler from Novak. They sell a kit that comes with the Rooster Crawler and a 55T motor that is a great combo.

Go to a local tire shop and see if you can get some old stick on weights. Most shops will give them away for free and they make great weights for the tires, just stick them between the foams and the wheels. You'll also want to get a new set of tires. White dot Rovers are a great choice and you'll definitely see a difference.

The sky is really the limit on these things, but be careful because you can end up spending enough money on the AX10 to afford an XR10 and those are night and day in regards to performance.

Comment

just turn them into scalers. I have 2 scale crawlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                  Buy a spare parts kit. I had one a few months ago and ended up breaking rod ends and the little "Y" link. I replaced it with an aluminum one. Get a Rooster Crawler from Novak. They sell a kit that comes with the Rooster Crawler and a 55T motor that is a great combo.

Go to a local tire shop and see if you can get some old stick on weights. Most shops will give them away for free and they make great weights for the tires, just stick them between the foams and the wheels. You'll also want to get a new set of tires. White dot Rovers are a great choice and you'll definitely see a difference.

The sky is really the limit on these things, but be careful because you can end up spending enough money on the AX10 to afford an XR10 and those are night and day in regards to performance.
                  The used rig I got has white Rovers on it along with a couple bodies and various sets of soft springs .. it's also a RTC so I think it has a more "crawl" oriented motor and controller?

Comment

Move the battery to the front axle. Huge difference in stability.

My son has one and it has started acting up. It's very "jerky" and sometimes wont move unless you adjust the gain on top of the controller all the way to forward or reverse. The steering is also really weak. I was told the servo might be going bad. Any ideas? I'd like to fix it for him.
                    Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

IMO stay away from the Novak stuff. The drag brake is garbage. I prefer Tekin. A Tekin FXR speedo and the motor of your choice. I would also recommend a 35t or 45t motor.

Again, your best bet is to read up on the AX-10 on RCCrawler and see what everyone else is running. Why spend the $$$ on something not needed?

As far as breaking rod ends, replace the Axial ones with Traxxas Rustler rod ends. Traxxas part # 1942. Much stronger and direct replacement part.
                      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by race10 View Post
                        Let see some pics of the rock garden.
                        Here are a few that I have on my FB page.

An old video.
                        http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p...heeling_1_.mp4

Not the best pics but I don't think I have anymore easily linkable.

Comment

Well first trip out and I killed the the steering servo..or put a hurt'n on it.

Lost about 50% of it's stroke and broke one ear off it's housing...whats the upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post

Lost about 50% of it's stroke and broke one ear off it's housing...whats the upgrade?
                            Was this axial servo? You will want to upgrade to one with steel gears.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post

Hitec 7955-TG. Titanium gears, 333oz. of torque. Plenty for your situation.
                              LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X