If you were at the meeting-updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D_Rock View Post
    d&b would be cool place but they are more coorporate and not easily worked with on arranging and they will charge for a party. i think like golden coral because although its a buffet the have party room which can be easily reserved im sure at no cost just for the promise of 16 - 40 more customers. and they are right off the highway by cincinnati mills mall too so just as easy to get too as rib city.....

to lisa, be it as it may that some may not like to move but if in fact rib city cannot change their ways maybe its time to bring it to a member vote to see what the feelings are in general as to changing locations and then conspire a list of places who are willing to work with us and seem convient enough for the normal meeting population and bring it to a mamber vote.

or just do like we did the new pic for shirt and just bring to a silent vote on a ballot type level listing rib city and other places willing to have us and let everyone have a say.

on a personal level, i hate the atmosphere of the place, the food to me is far from bragging about, and service def seems to be a prob that has yet to be fixed from my standpoint

i nominate you for Secretary effective now.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
      i nominate you for Secretary effective now.
      Lol ... we will all just be guy or girl(?)...
      sigpic
      chris hodges
      96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
      71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

.......Sometimes the enemy that we know is better than the one we don't.

I don't know about anybody else, but I don't come to the meetings for the food.
        1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
        FJ 40 axles (4.10)
        5.14 tcase
        36" TSL SX

Comment

Few thoughts:
          It's not realistic to host at someone's house honestly. New members would be less apt to show up at a persons house where they know absolutely no one. Plus there is some level of liability involved. I would be unsure how that could translate to personal property. It really needs to be a business.

That business front will then represent CORE to a certain point. Realizing I'm jaded as heck, the picture I have of Golden Corral isn't necessarily how I want to think of CORE. And yes I know right now, we don't taste very good and have bad service; but it looks good up until that point.

This subject cannot come up at a meeting to discuss, until we have someplace to move. You think your service is bad now? Wait and see how that goes. This is what makes this tricky and requires planning and patience.
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by hope springs hauler View Post
            .......sometimes the enemy that we know is better than the one we don't.

I don't know about anybody else, but i don't come to the meetings for the food.
            ^^^ x2
            One Country, One Flag, One Language...
            LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
              Few thoughts:
              It's not realistic to host at someone's house honestly. New members would be less apt to show up at a persons house where they know absolutely no one. Plus there is some level of liability involved. I would be unsure how that could translate to personal property. It really needs to be a business.

That business front will then represent CORE to a certain point. Realizing I'm jaded as heck, the picture I have of Golden Corral isn't necessarily how I want to think of CORE. And yes I know right now, we don't taste very good and have bad service; but it looks good up until that point.

This subject cannot come up at a meeting to discuss, until we have someplace to move. You think your service is bad now? Wait and see how that goes. This is what makes this tricky and requires planning and patience.
              Very good point Lisa! And Thank You for taking time out of your personal life nd handling this situation.
              One Country, One Flag, One Language...
              LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Hope Springs Hauler;60356
                I don't know about anybody else, but I don't come to the meetings for the food.[/QUOTE]

Me either, so I eat before I get there. I could deal with so so service if the food was better, but it blows. How long will they let us do the meetings there when they see many of us not eating?

Comment

from what i can remember there were the same issues when the club met up at famous daves... it was put up with for a while then it got moved to village on the green... then rib city... the problem being that you will run ito the same issues anywhere you go especially when you do not know the number of people that will be attending... i remember ordering food at famous daves at the beginning of the meeting and never getting my food but got a bill.. :( i was NOT happy about that one especially when i asked about my food numerious times.

Comment

Originally posted by eighty3bronco View Post
                    from what i can remember there were the same issues when the club met up at famous daves... it was put up with for a while then it got moved to village on the green... then rib city... the problem being that you will run ito the same issues anywhere you go especially when you do not know the number of people that will be attending... i remember ordering food at famous daves at the beginning of the meeting and never getting my food but got a bill.. :( i was NOT happy about that one especially when i asked about my food numerious times.
                    This is where a buffet would work well.

Comment

You could move the meetings closer to Dayton, then you have to put up with me. So you better stick to what Lisa suggests since she always works her ass off for the club.

Everyone won't be 100% satisfied 100% of the time so you can have a bad meal out with just the family.

Comment

I know when Rib City was at Jungle Jims the summer car show crew there just put up with him because of the location. I remember visiting my in-laws and watching the salt shaker get lodged into the wall.

I'm not a paying member yet. I didn't know and honestly never asked if kids could come to the meetings.

Anyway, since people are making suggestions you could consider Reilly's in Springdale, just south of 275 on Rt4.

Also, I think this thread should probably move to the private section (if there is such an area) of this forum just because of all the emotions in some of these replys. I know its an open forum, freedom of speech, etc, but the way people interpret what is written and meant can have separate meanings. You know what I mean. However, if the owner sees some of this hopefully he will take it and make a positive change for the club to keep the business.

Comment

Originally posted by fmlewis View Post
                          However, if the owner sees some of this hopefully he will take it and make a positive change for the club to keep the business.
                          Or get some spit in your food...

Comment

I can't believe any of what we've experienced is malicious in nature. I haven't gone back to re-read all the posts (full time job, you know) but I don't remember seeing anything that either Scott or myself has not mentioned, at least generically, to him about.

I will be curious to see how the Feb meeting goes. To see how the changes we are making have an impact.

Comment

Working...
                            X