Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carwash Crawler - Build Thread... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, that's it... thread is current... more updates and pics after this weekend. gonna hammer on it hard.

Comment

Holy cow Mike...those tires are sexy. ;)

Awesome recap..
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

well thanks... they'd be sexier if they were covered in mud and climbing up some rocks... but as sexy as they can be sitting in the shop i guess.

at almost $600 a tire, they better be sexy.

Comment

Are you running the stock width hummer rims at the 9.75 measurement? I am trying to keep my outside tire to outside tire width at 90". Hoping that with 5'' backspacing on a 10" wide rim with 42'' irocs will do. Mounting your 44'' boggers on a 9.75 rim will be a joy if that is what is to be used.

Glad to see this thread again! I love the direction in which it is going!
          sigpic

Comment

i am running the stock width hummer rim, shouldn't be a problem mounting them at all.

Watch your 5" backspacing, gets mighty close to the steering arm on the knuckle. Also worried about my tires getting too close to my links at full lock. That is why i decided on 3.5".

I'd say my outside width will be 92-94".

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
              that t-case is mounted at all 4 corners by poly to the chassis. Is that not enough poly in a mount? You can see one in this top pic and then some in the other pics too... the case is solid mounted to that crossmember, but then the cross member is mounted with 4 poly bushings at the frame. I thought this would give it more than enough flex... am i wrong?

opinions on this? please discuss....
              i know I am a little late on this but you will be fine. My engine and tranny mounts are the exact same set up and I have no issues,
              91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

thanks for the support tony... that is a reprint from my pirate thread from about a year ago... everyone agreed that it would be fine. I knew it would, but had a couple of tards telling me there would be issues.

Comment

Almost a roller!! :)

I'm sure when it gets pushed out of the shop for the first time to sweep under it you'll get that rush and it will come together fast.

I'm years away from getting my pile done but I might get a ride in yours in 08'.

Jeff
                  Last edited by JeffK5; 02-06-2008, 05:03 PM. Reason: kant spel

Comment

i wish you would get yours going as well...

i recall quite a few years ago, i bought a rail buggy from you to fund your build... what happened to that money?

come on man, you gotta quit doing all these favors for stuff on my rig and get yours done. what can i do to help you?

and yes, once it rolls, it's gonna be AWNNNNN!

Comment

AWSOME MACHINE!! Sure would like to see it in WV.
                      Thats good stuff!!

Comment

K, been a little while, but I'm ready to continue working on it... just lemme know when.

Seeing those pics makes me want to see it fired up...

The three "may never finish" amigos... JeffK5, CW, and me. We all need to get in the woods with our vehicles.
                        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

working on it all day friday, monday and tuesday... hope to get a TON don on it. My big goal is to have axles built and wheel and tires on by end of day monday...

that will include completely building the axles, completely building and painting the wheels, mounting tires, etc... gonna be tough, but crossing my fingers.

so, call me, come on down, would love to have you around.

i beleive sarge is coming down friday afternoon as well... not to help, but to bring some stuff to me...

Comment

Looks good Mike. I hope that someday when I get something going it will look that good.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post

i beleive sarge is coming down friday afternoon as well... not to help, but to bring some stuff to me...
                              Thank God he's not helping !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                                K, been a little while, but I'm ready to continue working on it... just lemme know when.

Seeing those pics makes me want to see it fired up...

The three "may never finish" amigos... JeffK5, CW, and me. We all need to get in the woods with our vehicles.

Aw crap, I was supposed to call you back like 2 months ago about working on your links..:o

I just need to get motivated , I have 90% of the big ticket items piled in my garage/basement..

Motor's done, diffs done, trans/cases done, wheels done....all suspension pieces bought but can't drag my ass out there and make some forward progress.

This thread revival might just refocus my project ... so BTT!

Comment

Working...
                                X