Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area Price Increases!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area Price Increases!

I just found this on their fb page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/115413071923722/
    closed the group due to spam so if you want to join hit me up and add your email to the group.

Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area
    Hello Everyone! Well the end of another year is in sight. Here at the Black Mountain Off Road Adventure Area we are making big plans for the upcoming year with new trails and projects. While we dislike having to increase our prices we find it a necessity to do so to improve and expand. Effective January 1, 2014 the price for permits will be as follows:

Yearly (Visitors) : $50.00 (includes a free map)
    Yearly: (Local- valid official I.D. required)- $40.00
    Family Plan: 1st Vehicle- $50.00. 2nd- $40.00 and each additional- $35.00
    31 Day: $30.00

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and hope that you understand this price increase is for the advancement and expansion of the area. We will continue to strive to provide a quality place to ride with a family environment.

Thank You
    Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Area Staff
    Thanks,
    67fastback

-------------
    84 Honda cr60r - for sale
    87 Honda 200sx - for sale
    67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
    04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
    87 sami - "SPLAT"
    87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
    88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Here we go again everybody gonna start whining bout the prices
    S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

pbr went up to 8.49$!!! bastards!!
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Yep. Haspin is $20/day. Harlan is $30/month.

Seems pretty darn reasonable...

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
        pbr went up to 8.49$!!! bastards!!
        Is that the case price?
        Last edited by WrenchMonkey; 01-09-2014, 11:04 AM.
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Best deal in wheeling IMHO. $50 for a year per vehicle. Most places charge that or more per weekend per person.
          Just another three linked stretched '95 YJ on 38s with a bunch of stuff scattered on the garage floor.

Comment

The idea that they have to gain more money from this will fail unfortunately. All of the people who I know that go there once or twice a year say that they are not interested in going. More open trails for me so I will win on this!
            sigpic

Comment

That's still a great price, and you get a free map.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                The idea that they have to gain more money from this will fail unfortunately. All of the people who I know that go there once or twice a year say that they are not interested in going. More open trails for me so I will win on this!
                They are not interested in going back because of $15/year increase?
                S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Actually only $10. Fees were $40 a year in 2013. Agreed though. Someone being butt hurt over paying such a small amount considering how much land is down there needs to have their head checked. Just as an example of two other reclaimed coal mining parks on the east coast...

Rausch Creek: $15 membership, plus $35 a day plus $7 per passenger or $325 per person per year. No night riding.
                  Windrock: $88 per person, per year. No night riding.
                  Harlan: $50 a year per vehicle. 24/7/365 night or day.
                  Just another three linked stretched '95 YJ on 38s with a bunch of stuff scattered on the garage floor.

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                    They are not interested in going back because of $15/year increase?
                    I know a good amount of people who will not be going down because of this. The prices are going up and some are barely able to handle the rising costs. They would rather support our local riding areas. A few of them have had things stolen from the locals and have experienced crowded trails. I hope the crowds are lighter but I will miss some of the people who I ride with while I am there.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm about as cheap a bastard as cheap bastards get. I've got less in my daily-driver trail rig, tow rig, trailer, and spare jeep combined than a lot of people have in their toy alone. I can squeeze a nickel!

But it's basic math that two days at Harlan are cheaper than two days at Haspin.

If you want to support local, that's awesome. If you've had a bad experience down there, I can certainly understand.

But to say it's because of a $5/trip price increase just seems disingenuous...

Robert
                      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

I just can't see anyone not going to Harlan because of a $10 a year increase. If you're in to any motor sport, what's another $10... There's ways to beat the crowds, don't go on event weekends... I've never had any problems with thieves, but have heard of people getting ripped off.

Comment

first time I wheeled there it was FREE... dang the free stuff never last
                          second time it was a 200% increase , now its another what 50% dam I am pissed off
                          just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

also trails down there to hard, i stick to haspin its great
                            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Lol!
                              I hate mud!

Comment

Working...
                              X