Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Mountain Off-Road Adventure Area Price Increases!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
    I'm about as cheap a bastard as cheap bastards get. I've got less in my daily-driver trail rig, tow rig, trailer, and spare jeep combined than a lot of people have in their toy alone. I can squeeze a nickel!

But it's basic math that two days at Harlan are cheaper than two days at Haspin.

If you want to support local, that's awesome. If you've had a bad experience down there, I can certainly understand.

But to say it's because of a $5/trip price increase just seems disingenuous...

Robert
    Do not forget about the extra time that it takes to get there and fuel.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
      also trails down there to hard, i stick to haspin its great
      90% of the people on the board could not conquer the tough spots at haspin. Many do not know where the tough areas are even located.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
        Do not forget about the extra time that it takes to get there and fuel.
        Even with fuel a weekend at harlan is about the same as a weekend at haspin, and the awesomeness makes up for the diffrence.

Comment

Yet another positive to Harlan..... you know where the hard stuff is because they have a map that is well marked unlike places like Haspin.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
            Yet another positive to Harlan..... you know where the hard stuff is because they have a map that is well marked unlike places like Haspin.

Jim
            Only a few have been able to read it though!

Like I stated earlier, I will be going there still. Some people make poor decisions.
            sigpic

Comment

As far as theft goes its at haspin as well. A guy jumped in someone's truck and tried to steal it. He claimed he was just going to help his buddy who was stuck in the woods. Other stuff has been stolen. Gas, tools etc

Comment

Maybe if you live dead between them? but for me its over 500 mile round trip to blkmt. Haspin is about 90 ,gas to drive there and back alone in $150 or more (just round trip)
                just basic math.

lets don't get silly here . blkmt is great. but lets don't say it cost the same as haspin for a weekend if you live around cincy. its like 5 times the cost if you add up everything

the cost to wheel there if fine, good deal... just in no way comparable to wheeling at haspin... just basic math

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                Even with fuel a weekend at harlan is about the same as a weekend at haspin, and the awesomeness makes up for the diffrence.
                just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

Originally posted by comanchedude View Post
                  Maybe if you live dead between them? but for me its over 500 mile round trip to blkmt. Haspin is about 90 ,gas to drive there and back alone in $150 or more (just round trip)
                  just basic math.

lets don't get silly here . blkmt is great. but lets don't say it cost the same as haspin for a weekend if you live around cincy. its like 5 times the cost if you add up everything

the cost to wheel there if fine, good deal... just in no way comparable to wheeling at haspin... just basic math
                  I can break it down to actual numbers if you want, but for a long weekend with a passenger, and camping at both places, this is what my compairison is based off of.

In the same truck pulling the same trailer, with the same buggy on it, I used 3/4 of a tank of fuel getting to haspin and back home, and used just over a tank and a half going to Harlan and back.

At Haspin you pay for 2 people to stay for 3 days, at Harlan if you already have the vehicle pass its free.

So the price to get in and stay at haspin offsets the extra fuel needed for Harlan.

Comment

well in your case it must somehow work out that its only twice the fuel from your location to Harlan than haspin. in my case its 435 mile more driving from Ross.. and I don't have an extra person to pay for most of the time. so the 35 or 45 for a 3day run at haspin is only a 5 or 10 buck difference in park fees. but don't forget camping at haspin is included , Harlan charges to camp so if you add that fee back in you are not saving , it adds what $45. bucks ? still that's quite a bit more , in your case to only double the fuel cost /use that's interesting for sure. in my calculations rated at 12 mpg to simply double my fuel cost /use would indicate harlen was only 180 mile for me to drive ...as a trip to haspin and back is half a tank,(90) to harlen and back is 2.8 tanks at best (525) . with 16 gal tank .so due to my apparent odd location you do have an advantage somehow. so in your case I stand corrected :confused:

Originally posted by Nuts View Post
                    I can break it down to actual numbers if you want, but for a long weekend with a passenger, and camping at both places, this is what my compairison is based off of.

In the same truck pulling the same trailer, with the same buggy on it, I used 3/4 of a tank of fuel getting to haspin and back home, and used just over a tank and a half going to Harlan and back.

At Haspin you pay for 2 people to stay for 3 days, at Harlan if you already have the vehicle pass its free.

So the price to get in and stay at haspin offsets the extra fuel needed for Harlan.
                    just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

Wasn't there a price argument in another thread?
                      One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                      LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                        90% of the people on the board could not conquer the tough spots at haspin. Many do not know where the tough areas are even located.
                        There's tough spots at haspin? We did backbone hill in reverse with the women drivin...
                        S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

My fee to ride where I ride was 120 grand lol

Comment

Originally posted by comanchedude View Post
                            well in your case it must somehow work out that its only twice the fuel from your location to Harlan than haspin. in my case its 435 mile more driving from Ross.. and I don't have an extra person to pay for most of the time. so the 35 or 45 for a 3day run at haspin is only a 5 or 10 buck difference in park fees. but don't forget camping at haspin is included , Harlan charges to camp so if you add that fee back in you are not saving , it adds what $45. bucks ? still that's quite a bit more , in your case to only double the fuel cost /use that's interesting for sure. in my calculations rated at 12 mpg to simply double my fuel cost /use would indicate harlen was only 180 mile for me to drive ...as a trip to haspin and back is half a tank,(90) to harlen and back is 2.8 tanks at best (525) . with 16 gal tank .so due to my apparent odd location you do have an advantage somehow. so in your case I stand corrected :confused:
                            For 1 guy its probably not even close, but I can't get out by myself ever so for me the time driving down there and what little more its costs isn't a huge issue, and like I said before the awesomeness of Harlan makes up for it. The difference in fuel is because a trip to haspin is through towns and country roads, therefore a lot of starts and stops to suck up diesel, Harlan I just hop on 75 and go. The old 12 valve sipped fuel on the interstate.

I'm not trying to argue, I like haspin better than most people on this site, just putting in my 2 pennys.

Comment

This is funny. $10. Wake up America.
                              91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
                                This is funny. $10. Wake up America.
                                sigpic
                                chris hodges
                                96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                                71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

Working...
                                X