No announcement yet.

Good conceal guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having actually fired a Glock in a life-threatening situation I found nothing wrong with the trigger. I have put thousands of rounds through various models and, right out of the box, can shoot 100% on most any pistol course. They are not sexy. They are a tool. They don't win brag-off's about how much money you have in customizing them. They simply do what they are supposed to do. When the **** hits the fan sexy does not save lives: simple, reliable, and accurate do.

I now use a G27. I also have a small .380 in the Taurus TCP that I carry most of the time, though. It is IMHO great as a not-wearing-much in the summer gun or anytime that you want a pocket gun. I must qualify yearly for my particular license and I use the TCP without any issue ( scoring 95% or better) despite its smaller size. I chose it over the Ruger LCP as the grip and trigger guard are more comfortable to me. Had Glock had the G42 single stack .380 on the market at the time I would have bought it instead. For those who argue magazine ( none of these guns have "clips" ) capacity I would point out that the average police shoot-out consists of 5 shots. Total. By both sides. The average police shooting with no return fire is 2 shots. Bullet selection and placement are the keys.
    Last edited by Incommando; 03-11-2015, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I really liked the Glock 26 except for the extra width due to the double stack clip. My second favorite was the S&W M&P 9 Shield. It's a 1/4" thinner than the Glock, but only holds 7 in the clip. I ended up getting the Shield. Came with a 7 & 8 clip for $375.00. This should be easier to conceal. Heading back to the range Saturday to break it in.

Last edited by 93 Krawler; 01-31-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

38 snub nose
        91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I carry a Ruger P95/9mm and occasionally will switch it up and carry the P345 .45 cal. They are both the same size, I use the same IWB holster. For those that I have wheeled with, I always had it on me. If you never noticed anything, then good. Point is, they are kinda large guns compared to the compacts. Carry what your comfortable with and what works for ya. Practice makes perfect or close to it anyway. I have over 1500 rnds down the pipe of the 9 and i am very confident with the gun. Opinions on guns is like opinions on rigs, everybody body has their favorite stuff for one reason or another. Buy lots of ammo and practice a lot. Join the NRA and and the USCCA and learn from the pro's not just a good buddy. The USCCA has a bunch of good, free downloadable info to help you hone your defensive skills. I can't say it enough, practice with what you carry a lot. Build your muscle memory and build your brain. The best defensive weapon you have is your brain. I think I have rambled enough.
          Romans 7-8

Comment

Since so many of us on here are "Enthusiast" maybe it would be easier to schedule a range day than a wheeling run? Whose in? Maybe someone has a safe location (property) where we could go?
            Romans 7-8

Comment

It seems that many .380's have some trouble feeding hollow points. I tried these out as they are designed to eliminate that problem. I have had zero issues with them. I have even been able to shoot an old ballistic vest with them and they do expand nicely.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSA1AOPezC0

Corbon Pow'Rball 70 gr for .380

Comment

i am looking at the S&W M&P9c. i went to the range and rented a number of guns and liked how this one felt to hold and fire the best. second was the S&W shield, the wider gripe on the 9c i like better but not for sure how it will be like to carrying it.
                anyone have or had either of theses?

Comment

I just bought the 9 shield. Shoots well and a good conceal gun. I take my classes this week, so I haven't carried it yet. I shot 150 rounds thru it last weekend and it didn't jam once. It comes with 7 & 8 round clips. Good gun for $375.

Comment

I have a M&P 9c that I carry. I like how it fits in my hand as well but it is a little bulky for carry. I would have went with the shield since it is narrower but they were not being made when I bought mine.

Comment

I am going by my personal observations having shot a Level 2 ballistic vest. It certainly is not the be all/end all round or caliber by any means. But for a self-defense pocket gun with a < 3" barrel & round I won't expect to be shooting through engine blocks or even at fleeing cars anyway. The compromise between a common feeding issue in this caliber versus acceptable stopping power is why I made my choice. I guess I will take my chances that if i ever have to use it it will be in one of majority of the instances were it is close quarters person on person for CCW-type self defense occurrences. Or I will try to conceal the 7.62. Luckily I am big and fatter than I should be if I go that route.

Comment

Finished my class. Going Monday to see the sheriff.

FYI. They shortened the class to 8hrs and eliminated the very important legal stuff you need to know. I feel it's more important to know the laws and not the types of guns and parts of a bullet. How can they call it a conceal class when all it is is a basic handgun class...
                        Last edited by 93 Krawler; 03-27-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X