Diesel mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel mechanic

My excursion died last night and will not restart. I'm looking for a diesel mechanic or someone who knows a 7.3 very well. Anyone around here?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
    My excursion died last night and will not restart. I'm looking for a diesel mechanic or someone who knows a 7.3 very well. Anyone around here?
    Did you try the old stand by CPS fix..only thing I ever had that took a 7.3 from run to nothing in an instant. Tac work?

Comment

Replaced the cps last night. The tach moves and I tried a shot of ether and it fired. I also have a wts light. The fuel bowl is full for what that's worth. Then it was 1 am and I quit and went home

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the nut come loose on the back of the ipr silonoid and my truck quit. Proper voltage and cranking speed with good fuel in the bowl means you're not getting fuel past the injectors. Any smoke during cranking ?.. stupid question ..not low on oil?

Comment

I did check the oil. I did not look for smoke but it was also 10 at night and it was pretty dark. I have not been able to mess with it today

Comment

If you want to shoot me a PM, i can send you a contact number for a family member that will get it fixed. He is off Seward Rd in Fairfield.
            1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

IDM shorted out and blew the main fuse. Pretty sure my headlights caused all the problems. I will never put HID lights on anything ever again

Comment

Did you end up calling Keith?
                1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

No. I found a local place that was able to get right on it

Comment

I was lucky enough to have a friend with a wrecked PSD let me barrow some parts to narrow down why my truck wasn't running. One of the first things I tried was the IDM , just throwing parts at trucks gets pricy.

I'm glad you got your rig working.

Comment

Working...
                    X