rear trackbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear trackbar

i was just wondering if you absolutly need the rear track bar. someone told me that you didnt really need even for a dd like my tj. i was wondering if that was true or or if the rear track bar i sdefinitly needed
    UNITED STATES MARINE
    99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
    sigpic

Since your rear end is coil sprung, yes you need the rear trackbar, as it keeps your axle underneath your Jeep. I believe they were talking about your rear swaybar being unnecessary.

Comment

Remove it and see what happens!

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

you can remove your sway bar... dont remove your trackbar.

if you do, take some video.

Comment

I broke a couple of track bars and that makes for some goofy axle wiggles! The person who told you that you do not need the rear track bar is a friend or enemy?
          sigpic

Comment

Is the same guy that told you you didn't need it the same guy that always tells you how cute your girl is?

Comment

Well you could do without it but the stock control arms geometry doesn't allow it. Now if ou stock are a double triangulate 4 link then you are good to go. But its not so I wouldn't try it unless you make someone else drive and watch it go to town.
              88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Know someone (Applegate )who removed both front and rear swaybars from their Tj. I guess thats why it would always lift the right front on turns and under hard acceleration.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

yes, applegates tj was squirley. removing the rear is fine, almost cant tell. get rid of that front, and it becomes an adventure on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
                    Know someone (Applegate )who removed both front and rear swaybars from their Tj. I guess thats why it would always lift the right front on turns and under hard acceleration.
                    Let me guess, short arm lift kit? If so that is a common trait when using the factory control arm mounting points when lifting it. Not really the swaybars fault but does seem worse with the front disconnected simply because the swaybar masks part of the problem by limiting wheel travel.

Comment

he had no lift kit. might have even had coils spring spacers, making his arms even that much shorter.... ha! well didn't make the arms shorter, but shorter in reference to the height of the rig over stock.

Comment

Just upper triangulation on the four link will do;)

I run without front swaybar, and although a hair squirelly, it drives safe at speeds.

Now taking off the rear sway bar is not that great of an idea. It gives you very little extra "useable" flex and makes your rig highly unstable especially when both front and rear are disconnected.

Solution: adjustable rate swaybars front and rear with a triangulated rear (double or single) and three link front with trackbar. (unless you wanna play the hydro steering game)

Comment

Working...
                        X