My New Comanche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Comanche

For the last 6 years I had a Jeep Cherokee and the chassis had enough so I decided to build something new... A 91 Jeep Comanche with parts from my old XJ.

The Specs...
    Chassis:
    -91 Jeep Comanche Truggied
    -Entire frame is plated with 1/8" plate steel along the sides, 1/4" on the bottom.
    -Main sections of cage are 1.75"x.120 wall DOM, bracing is 1.5"x.120 wall DOM
    -Rock rails, cage, frame/body all tie into each other.
    -PRP suspension seats and 5pt harnesses mount to cage work inside cab.
    -LED tail lights.

Drivetrain:
    -Jeep 4.0L bored and stroked to 4.6L, lots of go parts
    -AX-15 manual tranny
    -Stak 3 speed monster box
    -Front high pinion Dana 44, narrowed to Waggy width (63") Dedenbear knuckles, Alloy USA shafts, 4.10s ARB, Warn Premium hubs, Hi Steer with TREs
    -Ford 9" narrowed to 63", 31 spline alloy shafts, 4.10s, disk brakes.
    -35x12.50R15 BFG M/Ts

Suspension:
    -Long arm 3 link front with panhard.
    -RE 5.5" front coils
    -Bilestein 5100s
    -Triangulated 4 link rear
    -stock TJ front coils
    -Bilstein 5100s

91 MJ Under construction

91 MJ Under construction

Comment

91 MJ Under construction

Comment

VERY nice work, quite badass!
        Did you bend that all yourself? Wish I could get some tube to look like that.

Are you using a stock pump assembly with that tank or what are you using to deliver the correct pressure to the engine?

Comment

I still need to finish the interior with some roll on bedliner, add a radio, a CB, and some wiring of gauges. It needs a belly skid, driveshaft loops, and a new third member since I blew up the third this past weekend, it was a standard case, so hopefully a factory N case will last until I can upgrade to a Strange case. Paint is also on the list of things to do but again it comes down to money :) Its hard modding the Jeep and being a student

AARON
          91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Thanks!

I worked at Carolina Rock Shop part time for 5 years, then this past summer was full time before I moved up here. I did gear and axle work, a fair amount of motor work, general fab work and lots of custom cage work at the rock shop. I build the Jeep and had it rolling in about a month and a half working nights and weekends. Did the cage work as well with help from my dad and friends at the shop. Then over breaks this year, finished up the wiring, and detail fab work. I still have a lot more to do before its "finished"

Its a RCI 19gal cell with the Jeep factory fuel filter and a E2000 fuel pump. The factory has a fuel regulator on the rail and it maintains pressure at the fuel rail and sends excess pressure/fuel back into the tank.

More pics here: http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/MrShoeBoy/MJ/

AARON
            Last edited by MrShoeBoy; 06-02-2008, 03:30 PM.
            91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Front 30 and rear toyota axle? Looks great! Nice custom muffler design!
              sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome!!
                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

looks really nice. good job. pete

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                    Front 30 and rear toyota axle? Looks great! Nice custom muffler design!
                    I believe that the specs listed a front RC Dana44... I was thinking that same thing about the muffler.
                    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

The exhaust is a Banks header, custom 2.5" downpipe, 2.5" super high flow cat ;) and a SpinTech Sportsman Series muffler. It is so obnxious loud! I need to get some more exhaust tube on the back of the muffler to hopefully quiet it down, or at least get the noise away from the cab. Just havent had time or a whole abundence of money to do this. Its loud enough to set car alarms off with just a blip of throttle I keep trying to make it up to the meet and greet each month, but I have class or am working.

AARON
                      91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Working...
                      X