No announcement yet.

Balance A Super Swamper I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am able to run 9lbs. in 42'' bias ply irocs at 65mph with no problems. Not balanced and amazingly smooth. Not sure why but maybe lucky or something.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cincykid View Post
      What kind of pressure do you run in them for street driving?

I have 33x13.50.15 S S Ltb's
      I would guess in the 20lb area,but it varies depending on vehicle weight, type of tire, rim width, etc.

I always heard to pump them up to suggested and then when on the vehicle run them thru water and then to dry concrete. Continue checking and decrease pressure until you get a good even tread contact across the hole tire. Front and rear may be different due to weight differences.
      1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

air pressure

start with about 23 -28 psi and drive it then look at the contact patch of the tire and adjust from there. if you put to much air in the rolling resistance will be good for milage but not the tire wear in the center.
        One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

How loud are the BB's when you stop at a stop light?

Think you could add them through the valve stem with the valve core removed?
          88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

The steel ones are loud enough to be annoying. I think the airsofts are pretty much silent.

And you'll really want to break the bead to install em. It's really not that bad...

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

air softs will NOT fit in the valve stem .

They make a little swoosh noise right before you come to a complete stop.

Comment

They have BB's in a smaller form for motorcycle tires and those actually can go through the valve stem but come in 1 ounce pack and would take for ever and too much money to put in to some 36's Sarge.
                88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

I had regular steel BB's, maybe 2-3 oz. (also had rim weights), in the 265/75's on my DD/towrig and never noticed them at all. Currently I have maybe 10-12 oz. in my 39.5's on my Blazer and never noticed them with the top off (half top) and the doors on even with window down, but once I took the doors off for the summer you can hear a small "swoosh" right before you come to a stop while driving through town or the neighborhood. Never notice them on the trail at all.

Even if you can fit them through the valve stem it would take a long time to feed them in one at a time because you are talking about hundreds, if not thousands, per tire.

Comment

Gotcha. I'll break a bead. Reset it with ether.

Should I keep the wheel weights that are on there now?

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post

So, should I? Do I need to take all the lead weights off? I'm guessing so.

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post
                        Doesn't matter. The pellets will compensate for the imbalance either way.

I'm lazy, and would just leave them on. But they are ugly, and you don't need them anymore, so if you want to pull 'em, pull 'em...

Robert
                        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
                        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Can't you just pull the valve stem center out and put them in that way without unbeading the tires?

Comment

The last time I did a set the wheels never came off the Blazer. It was as simple as jacking up the corner your working on , let air out , cut stem off with side cutters, fill with guestamated amount of Daisy BB's , dip new stem in Dawn dish soap and wrestle that ***** back in.

Only works with steel wheels though.

Comment

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
                              Can't you just pull the valve stem center out and put them in that way without unbeading the tires?
                              Assuming the pellets/BB's would fit (not sure they would), but even so do you know how long it would take to feed hundreds of BB's one at a time into each tire

Pulling the tire off and debeading it is pretty quick and easy. Take it off the truck, use a Hi-Lift under the bumper of a truck to push the bead off, dump in the BB's, air it back up.

Comment

if its a dd or drove on the road much use the airsoft bb's over the copper reg bb's because i shot peen'd my rims with the cooper ones and it was a DD they make the air soft in different weights get the heavy's and it should work out great
                                94 yj 4.0 HO
                                header
                                cold air
                                stock drive line (for now )

Comment

Working...
                                X