99 tj front end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 tj front end ?

i have a 99 tj. dad recently put a new rear end in her with 3.73 gears the front still as the 3.07's. instead of buying a whol enew front end is there anyway to put a locker up front with 3.73. i kno i cant just change the ring and pinion because the whole carrier is deiffernt so i thought well i could lock the fron tend and throw some new shafts in there. any ideas
    UNITED STATES MARINE
    99 TJ, locked, long armed, creepy's
    sigpic

Not 100% sure what you're asking...

If you can find an entire D30 with the 373s, it'll save you the work/expense of getting the gears reset.

If you want to put 373s in your housing, yes, you will need either a new carrier, or a full case locker. Whichever you use, you'll need to get the new gears set up.

Your present axle shafts will work with the new gears/carrier/locker, no need for new shafts.

Basically, yes, since you've got to replace the carrier anyway, it'd be a great excuse to upgrade to a full case locker at the same time.

Robert
    DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
    Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

any ideas on a good full case locker. i just need to get this thing with 3.73 in it. it would be easier to just find a 3.73 dana 30 but i need to come across one. all i see are the 3.07s which is the one that is on it now. thanks
      UNITED STATES MARINE
      sigpic

Comment

if i decide to just buy a full case locker along withe the 3.73 r&p how would i go about setting the backlash or how much would someone charge to do this for me.
        UNITED STATES MARINE
        sigpic

Comment

contact "gunrunner" on here. best gear guy i know. tell him i sent you.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
            contact "gunrunner" on here. best gear guy i know. tell him i sent you.
            thanx. i will to see how much he would charge if i just decide to lock it up front. i also pm'd you back on that tubing work.
            UNITED STATES MARINE
            sigpic

Comment

I had a new R&P put in the front about 5 years ago. The R&P plus install and there was some machining they had to do for the loc right was about 500 bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X