tj electric fan setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlynch View Post
    You need 2 relays. One will be for the low side, which is a standard relay that you can get from advanced auto or auto zone. We got ours from an electronics store in Springboro. I can't remember the name of the place but they have a relay and a pigtail to plug into it. The second one is for the high side, which needs to be a high amp relay. We used the 75 amp bosch. If you need a hand let me know. You could bring your jeep over here or I could come to you. I live in Middletown.
    The place is called Parts Express

Comment

Originally posted by jlynch View Post
      We did not use a temp control. I run mine on low all the time and switch it to high if the motor gets warm. Low keeps it cool most of the time. It should not be a big deal to hook up a temp control if you want one.
      You can buy a thermostat control from just about any parts store. I found mine at Advance. You can wire it inline with your relay so you can either manually control the low speed or let it come on automatically. I leave it on auto. If your running low all the time you will drain your battery so keep an eye on it.

Comment

I definitely don't won't it running all the time. I just want it on a temp control without a switch. I'm not a huge fan of deep water anyways
        If you don't want it broke, don't let me drive it....

Comment

Originally posted by tjrider View Post
          I definitely don't won't it running all the time. I just want it on a temp control without a switch. I'm not a huge fan of deep water anyways
          Understand that especially if it is streetable. Ours are trail only rigs and crawling around in the woods in the summer the fan would be on all the time anyways. (Plus im to cheep to buy a sensor Hahahahahaha)

We are supposed to turn it off in deep mud holes but i never remember. You may want an off switch wired in somehow just in case you do end up somewhere and dont want it running

Comment

So I've been running this kit from Hollister road Co. For 3 weeks and its been great. Fan cycles on and off like factory. Very well built kit, only $94 too

Comment

Well...... everything works great when the fan motor is turning.... guess that's what you get from a junkyard sometimes. Gotta order a new motor and well be good to go

Comment

What year Tuarus is the good fans in?
                Jeeps are cute. Barbe drives one.

Comment

95-96ish. I believe it was the3.8 motor. Make sure the fan has 3 wires coming out of the motor

Comment

It lives!!!!!!!! Had to wait a while for a new fan motor

Comment

How thick is this fan? I would like to see if it will fit between my radiator and engine.
                      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I can measure it tonight, but I'd say @ 3" with motor. Not positive

Comment

My tj only had @4" between the block and radiator. You can trim some of the shroud as ling as it still fits your radiator. They are pretty slim though

Comment

I may go this route then instead of changing the oil in my fan clutch. What application did you end up sourcing from?
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

95 Taurus with the 3.8 motor. Single 3 wire fan

Comment

Working...
                              X