No announcement yet.

Suggestions on Drivetrain swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I would buy the atlas and regera later...Christmas present?????
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmanjeff View Post
      Then I would buy the atlas and regera later...Christmas present?????
      Thanks, I will probably go with the T-case. Maybe gear swap next winter
      1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

my stak was 3300, but i had some options added on, and that price included my adapter from TH400 to stak, as well as a new output shaft for my tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
          my stak was 3300, but i had some options added on, and that price included my adapter from TH400 to stak, as well as a new output shaft for my tranny.
          Carwash,
          Are you a vendor for them or can you get any discounts from them. I will be going with a 2 speed.

Thanks
          1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

When is the delivery of the stak and what ratio did you go with?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              When is the delivery of the stak and what ratio did you go with?
              Going with the 4.3:1. I have gotten and few prices on it and will order it soon. Looking at around $2330 shipped with the parking brake and VSS. Need to figure out what u-joints the pinion yoke uses so that I can match with the t-case and whether or not I will need CV on the rear.
              From what I read on pirate, there will be a price increase in November.
              1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Check on stak4x4.com for info. They offer 1350 yokes standard and flanged and 1410 and others as an option. The parking brake option is awesome! You are going to love it.
                sigpic

Comment

Check on stak4x4.com for info. They offer 1350 yokes standard and flanged and 1410 and others as an option. The parking brake option is awesome! You are going to love it.
                  I am guessing the 78-79 F250 axles use 1350 joints, if someone know for sure please post, othewise I need to try and get accurate measurements to find out. I am guessing that I will want a CV for the rear since I plan on tucking everything up in as high as possible and making a custom skid. Just need to decide on which yokes to use and then I can order.

Anyone around make good custom driveshafts at a reasonable price?
                  1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Driveshafts at a reasonable price? No one around here that I know of. If you want to spend a fortune go to power clutch and drive. They make gold ones! :(
                    sigpic

Comment

Driveshafts at a reasonable price? No one around here that I know of. If you want to spend a fortune go to power clutch and drive. They make gold ones! :(
                      LOL ... you got that one right

Comment

You will need verify, but if the axles are stock than I doubt they have 1350's. My buddy has a '78 F-250 that has the Snofighter option (basically a D60 in the front vs. the 44) and it had 1330 joints at the front and rear D60's, and I believe a 1310 on the front t-case output and 1330 on rear t-case output.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                          You will need verify, but if the axles are stock than I doubt they have 1350's. My buddy has a '78 F-250 that has the Snofighter option (basically a D60 in the front vs. the 44) and it had 1330 joints at the front and rear D60's, and I believe a 1310 on the front t-case output and 1330 on rear t-case output.

Yep, measured last night and just got done verifying on Pirate that it is a 1330 as you posted. Thanks for letting me know, it always helps to have another opinion so I can be sure I am correct.

I believe I will be going with the Stak with a 1350 CV Flange for the rear output(required & included with parking brake) and a 1350 non-CV yoke for the front out put. I will then have 1330s at the axle ends of the driveshafts. Will this all work out ok when having driveshafts made? Is there anything I should do differently before ordering it today?

Thanks
                          Josh
                          1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Sounds good to me! Make sure they give you a delivery date. They were running 4 to 5 weeks last year on mine.
                            sigpic

Comment

mine took 12 weeks... but i got mine pretty early on... might as well have taken 2 years to ship, wouldn't have made any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                                mine took 12 weeks... but i got mine pretty early on... might as well have taken 2 years to ship, wouldn't have made any difference.
                                Sounds good to me! Make sure they give you a delivery date. They were running 4 to 5 weeks last year on mine.
                                I was told 4-5 weeks. Should be fine for me. Plenty of other things to do first.
                                1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X