No announcement yet.

School me on cb radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Big CB Ham store in Hamilton RL electronics. http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/

I was looking into an external speaker mounted up by the windshield So I can hear it on the Highway.

Comment

Originally posted by timido View Post
      There is a Big CB Ham store in Hamilton RL electronics. http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/

I was looking into an external speaker mounted up by the windshield So I can hear it on the Highway.
      Have shopped here..cool place prices seem competitive .
      just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
        Another thing to keep in mind is your ground plane. The larger and flatter the surface you mount the antenna on, the better. I had a Wilson Lil' Wil magnetic antenna sitting on the roof of my F-250 with a peaked and tuned Cobra 29 and I could pretty much talk to God with it.

Ok so you trying to tell people GOD has a cb?... I don't know what to say
        just don’t get stupid and stick a Chevy engine in your Jeep. Man I hate that

Comment

My 2cw you must have a matching antenna or it will not work to its full potential you can tune it do it yourself get a meter from radio shack if the antenna is not matched or tuned you will not put out or recive 100 percent if they are correct even a chepo can work good however I perfer to talk to china using 40 watts on the general lee with a 4 foot whip and a 300 watt kicker and a noise cancelling mic. REMEMBER the set up you use could save your butt on a real bad day

GOOD LUCK

Comment

Originally posted by Tool Man View Post
            My 2cw you must have a matching antenna or it will not work to its full potential you can tune it do it yourself get a meter from radio shack if the antenna is not matched or tuned you will not put out or recive 100 percent if they are correct even a chepo can work good however I perfer to talk to china using 40 watts on the general lee with a 4 foot whip and a 300 watt kicker and a noise cancelling mic. REMEMBER the set up you use could save your butt on a real bad day

GOOD LUCK
            That's against FCC rules for a cb toolman. Lol.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a General Lee ,good radio for the price...Plus,you can add a cool police siren,like Tool Man's...Get's everyone's attention on the trail.

Nick
              Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
              Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Originally posted by Coppertop View Post
                Nothing wrong with a General Lee ,good radio for the price...Plus,you can add a cool police siren,like Tool Man's...Get's everyone's attention on the trail.

Nick
                Too nice of a radio for the trails

Comment

True,I'd never spend that much for a trail radio.

Nick
                  Just a 200 dollar cherokee that wouldn't start ..
                  Ten years later same chrome grille ..

Comment

Working...
                  X