No announcement yet.

What Locker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a lockrite. It didn't work with my 33s. Kept ratcheting Becuase the springs were not strong enough.
    I think that's why they went double spring

That's when I went aussie and never looked back.

sent on tapatalk
    www.offroadohio.com
    www.facebook.com/offroadohio1
    www.youtube.com/offroadohio1
    www.photobucket.com/offroadohio

Comment

I didn't replace it with a new one, but some used parts a friend had. The parts were the same design as mine. Now it will not stay engaged. It pops under load and sometimes just free spins like it is neutral.

I know I am slightly over the recommended ratings. I am about 265hp with my LT1 and I am running 36 Iroks on my Dana 44. But it has held for over 10 years. My concern comes from the fact that the last two lock rights my friend bought did the same thing brand new - they would pop and not stay engaged. He is still running but has spacers wedged between the two halves so that there is no way for it to unlock.

Any way I ended buying the Spartan last night when I found A deal on it for just over $200. Hopefully it will hold up.

Comment

People make a big deal out of the size of the pins but I don't understand why. They do not transfer the torque as the dog teeth cut in the gears do that. All they really do is provide a place for the springs to slide back and forth on.

My Lock-right came with dual springs and it was bought around '01 or '02. The springs not being strong enough would not be the reason it would not lock. The springs force the gears apart and therefore unlock when the torque load is removed. The gears lock together through the torque going into the crosspin which wedges the gears together.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
          People make a big deal out of the size of the pins but I don't understand why. They do not transfer the torque as the dog teeth cut in the gears do that. All they really do is provide a place for the springs to slide back and forth on.

My Lock-right came with dual springs and it was bought around '01 or '02. The springs not being strong enough would not be the reason it would not lock. The springs force the gears apart and therefore unlock when the torque load is removed. The gears lock together through the torque going into the crosspin which wedges the gears together.
          Well said....
          No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post

thinking on it i think mine was a ez locker. It was in 06 or so so I'm a tad forgetfuk.

I called then on the issue as it was a fresh install. They told me to remove it and return it Becuase the tires were to large for the spring rating. I had 33s and they only garuntee up to 31s. I replaced it with an aussie with no problem.

If the springs are weak force on the inner gears collapse then so they slip on the pins which tears up the pin

the Lokka I run now( only Becuase it was cheaper when I replaced the lockrite in my toyota. cross pin broke which took out the locker. Not at the fualt of the locker.) Is nearly identical to the aussie but from Internet research folks are saying they use chinese steal. So far it's holding

But I'm only on 36s with a 22re. I did have them in my chevette too on 35s with 225hp. No issues either.

sent on tapatalk
            www.offroadohio.com

Comment

Yes.

sent on tapatalk
              www.offroadohio.com

Comment

I built the frame and everything for this. But I was 16 when I did it so it was crazy outdated build when I decided to start wheeling it.

sent on tapatalk
                www.offroadohio.com

Comment

I run lockrites front and rear on 38s with a 6 cyl. I have destroyed one rear so far but I bought both of mine used and the rear came out of a v8 fj40 and it was used hard from what I understand
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X