looking for possible passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boomhauer View Post
    dude, i've got an excursion u and 3 women can lay down when u r not driving. u have to supply the women though. truth be known i will prolly do most (3/4 or more) of the driving myself if that helps getting you to go.

no takers on a nearly free trip to crawl around the rockies!?
    95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

LOOK OUT "WHITEY" HERE I COME!!!

Comment

I will be calling you for some details. Maybe yet tonight, if not, hopefully early Saturday.

John
      sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Originally posted by redcj3a View Post
        I will be calling you for some details. Maybe yet tonight, if not, hopefully early Saturday.

John
        not crack of dawn early please
        95 yj, fresh fuel injected 302, c-6, twin sticked 205, 3 linked high pinion d60 front, double trianulated 4 linked 14 bolt rear (all aluminum links) locked both ends, 4:56 gears, full hydro steering, high steer, 4 wheel discs, 16" 2.5 fox air shocks, 39.5" irok's. just finishing a full frame-up redo thanks to a great friend and one knowledgable(sp?) s.o.b casey cravens for without him this could not have been done in such a short time and done right!

Comment

I seem to remember some jerk banging on my truck window and scaring the sheep out of me after only 2 hours sleep in the back of my truck, only to have said jerk take pictures of me crawling out of my truck in my boxers...

Mother's Day weekend 2005 IIRC... you might recall loosing your phone...

Go ahead John, call him "crack of dawn" early...
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
            I seem to remember some jerk banging on my truck window and scaring the sheep out of me after only 2 hours sleep in the back of my truck, only to have said jerk take pictures of me crawling out of my truck in my boxers...

Mother's Day weekend 2005 IIRC... you might recall loosing your phone...

Go ahead John, call him "crack of dawn" early...
            You had sheep in the truck w/you?
            I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I'm just trying to role model some acceptable expletive usage...
              brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
                I'm just trying to role model some acceptable expletive usage...
                That was my second guess...
                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

packing and getting ready!!!leaving tomorrow for COLORADO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by redcj3a View Post

John
                    Hey John, glad you chose to ride along. It was good to meet you and hang out and an excellent trip.

Casey.
                    91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

so how was it? butch said you guys ran the comp course?
                      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

As a spectator, it was an absolutely wonderful trip. I was amazed at what Casey, Don, and Boomhauer can do with a vehicle. These two photos are in, what I would consider a tough obstacle in "Carnage Canyon." But this obstacle was nothing in comparison to the exit area of this same trail.

The trails riden on this trip include Holy Cross, which took us to the tree line around 13,400 feet, Carnage Canyon, Chinaman's Gulch and Independence Trail. Independence Trail was even more extreme than "Carnage Canyon."

Thank you to Boomhauer for posting this request for passengers, and Casey, Don and Will for making me feel comfortable.

John
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

1950 CJ3A. Only mildly wheeled to date.

for some reason i think that will change in the future or maybe i see a new rig in your future!!!

Comment

Holy Cross trail was the first trail ride foor the group as a whole. This ride was Wednesday morning after waking up with ice on our tents from the overnight rain. Did I mention it was cold overnight?

Here is a picture of Boomhauer on one of the obstacles of the Holy Cross trail. There were a couple of other obstacles similar in difficulty to this one on the Holy Cross trail. This trail went past the former town of Holy Cross and then the ruins of a former mine further up the hill.

All in all, the "Holy Cross" trail was mild compared to "Carnage Canyon" and "Independence Trail" that we visited later in the week. Being a beginner four wheeler, it didn't bother me to step out of the Jeep to take pictures.

Hopefully, Boomhauer or Casey will be able to provide some comparisons to trails that many of you are familiar with in Kentucky.

John
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is one FINE looking spare tire!!

Glad to hear you had a good time John, I wanna see all your pics... you have shown some great ones so far!
                              brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Brad,

I filled my camera's memory card at nearly 1.82 GB. I believe about 200+ potos and 60 video segments of varying lengths. If the board can host them and it is relatively easy to load them, I will try. If I don't include photos and videos of the XRRA championship, that would save some space. I may need tutored on that.

I have seperated the items into seperate files by trail name and been working to rename each photo and video by trail, individual and action. I am about done with that also.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X