CORE Badlands trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
    Huh let me see here. Im thinking we might need to see some picks to determine an answer to that question unless someone wants to tell on themselves

It was a good time and sundays weather was great. I was happy with how my sami performed which i guess was its last outing in its current state. Not sure yet if im upgrading or starting over but i will see what time and my pocket book will allow.
    Why change it? It works too good! Keep it and build something else.

I do not think pics. were taken. Riiiight?
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I'm THAT guy. I still had a great time with you guys. If it wasn't for folks like you to jab at me when I'm down, it really would've sucked. I called Ballistic Fab today and it sounded like they were going to to work with me on the joints. They seemed receptive to my idea of them replacing all 16 and me keeping the ones I have now. I'll keep you informed. You guys and gal are stand up people and great representation of our sport. I look forward to wheeling with you again.

Comment

Just got a call from Rustys-Offroad,

Bilstein is basically telling me to go screw myself..

Oddly enough they just announced that they will be discontinuing the 5150 series for a new product called the 5160which is the same shock with a welded top eyelid .. Hmmm funny how that works....

I personally will make it my mission and claim to Make this a marketing nightmare for Bilstein... I dont care if I have to register on every offroad site in the US to tell everyone of my problems with their products and their company... I will even go as far as to stand outside their Manufacturing facility here in Hamilton with a Die Hard 3 sign wrapped around my god damned neck till I get a reasonable response to my claim...

I do want to say how above and beyond Rustys-Offroad has tried to help me with this Ridiculous process..
        Rusty himself called me and spoke to me numerous times since sat.. They are even going to the length of no longer carrying Bilstein products because of whats has transpired thus far...

Please if you know anyone looking at any bilstein product let them know of my story and how Bilstein treats their customers..

Thanks,
        Rob

Comment

very well said and almost to polite for your situation(but thanks for keeping it that way). i hope you get some kind of resolve to this because it wasnt like they were $10 shocks and even if they were you would get more help at autozone than what you are getting from them. pass the word because i know a few more people with the same shock and the same issue that should chime in.

good luck rob and we will get you back out there
          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Scott Could you please put me in contact with the bunch with the same issues?

Comment

Originally posted by RosenTurd View Post
              Just got a call from Rustys-Offroad,

Bilstein is basically telling me to go screw myself..

Oddly enough they just announced that they will be discontinuing the 5150 series for a new product called the 5160which is the same shock with a welded top eyelid .. Hmmm funny how that works....

I personally will make it my mission and claim to Make this a marketing nightmare for Bilstein... I dont care if I have to register on every offroad site in the US to tell everyone of my problems with their products and their company... I will even go as far as to stand outside their Manufacturing facility here in Hamilton with a Die Hard 3 sign wrapped around my god damned neck till I get a reasonable response to my claim...

I do want to say how above and beyond Rustys-Offroad has tried to help me with this Ridiculous process..
              Rusty himself called me and spoke to me numerous times since sat.. They are even going to the length of no longer carrying Bilstein products because of whats has transpired thus far...

Please if you know anyone looking at any bilstein product let them know of my story and how Bilstein treats their customers..

Thanks,
              Rob

Rusty is a great guy and goes the extra mile for customer support! Sorry to hear about all the troubles you had with the shocks. I was looking at Bilsteins for my 1 ton TJ build this winter, but will NOT be buying any of thier products from what I have seen here! You should post this up on Pirate4x4 with the pics! Those guys have a way of making things very rough for manufacturers that treat customers like this!

Hope you get something out of them... keep up the good fight man!

Comment

Originally posted by RosenTurd View Post
                Scott Could you please put me in contact with the bunch with the same issues?
                George in our club has this problem also. I will see what happened in his situation as far as warranty or?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KennyTJ View Post
                  Rusty is a great guy and goes the extra mile for customer support! Sorry to hear about all the troubles you had with the shocks. I was looking at Bilsteins for my 1 ton TJ build this winter, but will NOT be buying any of thier products from what I have seen here! You should post this up on Pirate4x4 with the pics! Those guys have a way of making things very rough for manufacturers that treat customers like this!

Hope you get something out of them... keep up the good fight man!
                  i'd 2nd posting up on pirate under the general4x4 section. some will say you should have been using limit straps, but i bet they will help you get something sorted out.
                  zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Pics

Few pics... Sat was cold and misty rainy crappy weather til after lunch so I didn't get any pics except for the Craz-E guy from WI. Sun had a chance to take a few but overall too busy having fun (except when we were extracting Pater, or making fuel runs).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1359 (Small).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	68812

Name:	IMG_1362 (Small).JPG
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	68813

Name:	IMG_1367 (Small).JPG
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	68811

Name:	IMG_1382 (Small).JPG
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	68814

Name:	IMG_1386 (Small).JPG
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	68815

Name:	IMG_1397 (Small).JPG
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	68816

Name:	IMG_1416 (Small).JPG
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	68817

Name:	IMG_1424 (Small).JPG
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	68818

Name:	IMG_1425 (Small).JPG
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	68819
                    It was beautiful w/the leaves

Name:	IMG_1389 (Small).JPG
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	68820
                    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Working...
                    X