No announcement yet.

IOK Rock Offroad Jamboree, July 15 - 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Todd Puckett. First event in the new buggy and he won his class in the rock race and won the Rock crawl on Saturday as well. It was a fun day.
    Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
      Anyone know how joey Braun did last night? Im on vacation at hocking hills, and haven't heard from them on how they did.
      Joey rolled and tore a hole in his spare from what I understand. He was spotting so I didn't really get a chance to talk to him too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
        Congrats to Todd Puckett. First event in the new buggy and he won his class in the rock race and won the Rock crawl on Saturday as well. It was a fun day.
        What rig was Todd in? We didn't stick around for the results.

Comment

Thanks. I finally heard from joey yesterday. He wasn't too excited about the hole in thebrand new sticky spare. Hadn't even touched the ground yet. Said he came in 2nd by 15 seconds.
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

I had a blast all weekend. Hilltop and iok did a great job with this event. Congrats to Todd Puckett for whipping my ass in both events. Anybody know who was taking the pictures for iok?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
              What rig was Todd in? We didn't stick around for the results.
              Silver single seat DTOR buggy.
              Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
                Thanks. I finally heard from joey yesterday. He wasn't too excited about the hole in thebrand new sticky spare. Hadn't even touched the ground yet. Said he came in 2nd by 15 seconds.
                The sticky is all fixed now
                Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

The event was awesome. Thank you to all who came out. By far it sounds like Friday night was the best. We were racing till about 1AM (Sorry to the surrounding area). I think those that stayed for the Outlaw class of the Endurance race really enjoyed it. We had everything from crashes, roll overs, people getting stuck on the berm from taking a turn too wide, someones brakes caught fire, to a port-o-let getting smacked around a few times (good thing it was empty). The event far exceeded our expectations as well as the turnout. Like someone posted earlier and I agree we do have a fews things that we need to change or enhance. But given that this was our first endurance race I think it turned out well. We plan to reach out to all of the competitors and find out there opinions of the process from registration to the competition.

My favorite part of the race I think was watching the start and all the racers funneling down into one line. There were wheels smacking around and cones flying from people hitting them to avoid crashes. I was surprised we didn't end up with a mound of cars. It was pretty awesome watching a 6 wide start 2 rows deep. I wish my jeep was up for the challenge, maybe next time. Another part I liked was just watching people walk back and forth between the flat drag area and the rock garden.

Photos and Video: At the front gate we had an email distribution list for folks to sign. The purpose is to email out a link of the photos as well as keep people up to date on upcoming events. I will post a link on this forum when we get those established. It may a little while to get through everything. We had several people taking photos from our club members to a few other folks from professionals to people aspiring to become the next great photographer.

Stay tuned I plan to post final results of the competitions and canfood drive. We are already looking forward to the next endurance race.

Comment

Originally posted by Drivermod View Post
                    Silver single seat DTOR buggy.
                    Any info on this buggy? It was pretty slick!
                    One Country, One Flag, One Language...
                    LIKE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!

Comment

I thinks it was matt deas old rig if that helps you google...
                      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket View Post
                        I thinks it was matt deas old rig if that helps you google...
                        Nope. A good friend of Todds,Eric Childress, built the buggy and ran it in XRRA finishing second overall in the eastern division in 2007. It has a Pontiac 3.8 in it, some type of Chrysler transmission and a Stak case, Dana 60's and 39" KRTB's. It works incredibly well. Todds KOH finishing buggy, which he built from the ground up, was the blue one with the big DTOR stickers on the side of it. Joe from DTOR now owns it and raced it this past weekend. First time he had ever done anything like that.
                        Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Worked REALLY well.
                          my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Good to here the Dirty Turtle buggies out and running around locally ... make people go down and see his park....

cant wait for the pics and vids of the event... sounds like a fun time...
                            Thanks,
                            67fastback

-------------
                            84 Honda cr60r - for sale
                            87 Honda 200sx - for sale
                            67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
                            04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
                            87 sami - "SPLAT"
                            87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
                            88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Comment

Working...
                            X