WindRock Trip 9/27 -9/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WindRock Trip 9/27 -9/29

A few of us are planning to go to WindRock in September. We've never been there before, so we thought we would check it out. http://windrockpark.com/ Post up if you want to go.

Going so far:
    Kevin (93 Krawler)
    Ben (bbtank45)
    Jim B (beer_goggles_009)
    Mark (stickman)
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 09-23-2013, 12:38 PM.

I was checking out their site, and the place looks impressive. The lodging there is a lot nicer than Harlan. Windrock is a lot closer to I75. Looks like an easier drive than Harlan.

The drive to Windrock is 280 miles, 4.17 hours, and 23 miles off I75.
    The drive to Harlan is 262 miles, 4.15 hours, and 75 miles off I75.

Comment

I can't remember Harlan costs, is $17 per person fairly close?

I see cabins with showers... as well as a bathhouses. Never mind on the cost.

Can't wait to hear the report on the trails.
      I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
        I can't remember Harlan costs, is $17 per person fairly close?

I see cabins with showers... as well as a bathhouses. Never mind on the cost.

Can't wait to hear the report on the trails.
        Primitive at Harlan was $15 a night per tent with use of the shower house. Windrock definitely has a nice setup for lodging.

Everyone I know that has been there says it's great. Everything from mild to wild. The big difference are the obstacles. Instead of them being short like Harlan, these are much longer obstacles. Should be a good time.

Comment

Windrock is awesome. Ill be back there first weekend I August. I usually go a few times a year. The campground is very nice, bath houses are heated and cooled and are super nice and normally clean. Cabins are also really nice. Windrock is a but expensive due to the Tenn taxes but the 72,000 acres makes it worth it.

Comment

Not sure about an easier drive than Harlan..... You need to go through the mountains into Tennessee. If I remember correctly the grade through Jellico is pretty steep. So it is not exactly an easy tow.

I'm exited to go check windrock out.

jim

Comment

Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
              Not sure about an easier drive than Harlan..... You need to go through the mountains into Tennessee. If I remember correctly the grade through Jellico is pretty steep. So it is not exactly an easy tow.

jim
              X2
              Im Ready
              No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

jim
                I know it's not an easy tow at all. I thought it would be an easier drive compared to Harlan after you hit the Corbin exit. Coming back out of Harlan is the worst.

I like checking out new places. Can't wait!!

Comment

The hard tow stuff cracks me up lol put the pedal in the floor and don't let out till ya get there!! Y'all must be towin with fords ha!
                  S10 with a few air shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by humpy View Post
                    The hard tow stuff cracks me up lol put the pedal in the floor and don't let out till ya get there!! Y'all must be towin with fords ha!
                    Easy.. I've been to Windrock 3 times now, since 2005. The last trip was in April of this year. I had a great time. It's a great big place. I've never went without a somewhat local that know's the place, which makes a huge difference on what you see. Rattlerock is tough. We ran it last trip, for the first time through to the exit. Big boulders. Little mule, is fun as well.
                    91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Nope, Chev 1 ton box truck with a 6.0. The whole setup weighs 17,500lbs with the rig behind it. It don't like hills so much... It does alright though.

Comment

Originally posted by Redriverranger View Post
                        Easy.. I've been to Windrock 3 times now, since 2005. The last trip was in April of this year. I had a great time. It's a great big place. I've never went without a somewhat local that know's the place, which makes a huge difference on what you see. Rattlerock is tough. We ran it last trip, for the first time through to the exit. Big boulders. Little mule, is fun as well.
                        Casey I am POSITIVE your right foot was pushed through the floorboard lol I've seen h drive lol

Comment

Casey I am POSITIVE your right four was pushed through the floorboard lol I've seen h drive lol
                          Foot^

Comment

I'm working on getting us a local guide from another club I belong to show us around.

jim

Comment

I'm working on getting us a local guide from another club I belong to show us around.

jim
                              That would be cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X