WindRock Trip 9/27 -9/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentuckytwostep View Post
    All I've got to say is don't go without a guide... my first time there I drove around for 6 hours before I ever found rock worth playing on. I guess you OH folks are use to that though.
    *snort!*

Dayum, he didn't go there!

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
    3 weeks left. Anyone else want to join us?
    I'm going with a group out of the Louisville area and we'll be there from Wed until at least Friday, possibly may do a run on Saturday-Sunday as well if my junk is still in one piece.

As far as the tow, it's not that bad at all. My tow rig is a 5.7 Hemi gasser Durango and I've made the trek twice since I got the rig and trailer. If that heavy pig can haul ok, then you guys with real tow rigs won't have any issues at all!
    Last edited by coachholland; 09-11-2013, 07:58 AM.
    Just another three linked stretched '95 YJ on 38s with a bunch of stuff scattered on the garage floor.

Comment

Originally posted by coachholland View Post
      *snort!*

Dayum, he didn't go there!

I'm going with a group out of the Louisville area and we'll be there from Wed until at least Friday, possibly may do a run on Saturday-Sunday as well if my junk is still in one piece.

As far as the tow, it's not that bad at all. My tow rig is a 5.7 Hemi gasser Durango and I've made the trek twice since I got the rig and trailer. If that heavy pig can haul ok, then you guys with real tow rigs won't have any issues at all!
      Cool, stop by and say hey. I figure we will be there by noon Friday.

Comment

Any thoughts about leaving Thursday night?

-Feeler....any1 want to get out on the trail one more time before going down?......ive made some modifications and would like to give them a shake down run.
        1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
          Any thoughts about leaving Thursday night?

-Feeler....any1 want to get out on the trail one more time before going down?......ive made some modifications and would like to give them a shake down run.
          Jim and Jimmy can't leave till Friday morning. I could leave Thursday evening. Chris "GotHodgie" and Robert "Wrenchmonkey" are thinking about going too. Robert would leave around noon on Friday. What time you thinking about leaving on Thursday?

I got way to much to do to go anywhere before the trip.

Comment

I haven't seen Robert since the TORC days, so most definitely will stop by!
            Just another three linked stretched '95 YJ on 38s with a bunch of stuff scattered on the garage floor.

Comment

Originally posted by coachholland View Post
              I haven't seen Robert since the TORC days, so most definitely will stop by!
              It has been a while, man! Shame that whole crew just fell apart...
              DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
              Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Headin down to DTOR in the morning if any1 would like to tag along?

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
                  Headin down to DTOR in the morning if any1 would like to tag along?
                  Hmmm...
                  sigpic
                  chris hodges
                  96 fzj80 3x locked, 4"lift, 37s, homebrew sliders and bumpers,a work in progress
                  71 fj55, SOA, locked...The jungle bus... retired

Comment

I'd love to do the Windrock run, but there is no way I can make it happen with a couple rides the weekends before. Have a great time.
                    91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

I figured out my schedule. I can leave Thursday night if the rest of group is planning on that.

Comment

Originally posted by beer_goggles_009 View Post
                        I figured out my schedule. I can leave Thursday night if the rest of group is planning on that.
                        That will work for me as well Jim. I plan to be loaded up and ready to head out on Wednesday night.....hit the road as soon as i get home from work.

Comment

Crawford is definitely out. He's starting his room addition this week.

What time Thursday are we leaving? I don't usually get home from work till 5:30, but I could leave a little early if needed. I might have one more coming with us.

Comment

I could do whatever works for everyone else. I usually get off work at 3:30 so whenever you want is fine. I suggest that we try and avoid rush hour through Cincy.

I assume we will meet at the rest stop on 75 like normal. Truck side.

Comment

I could do whatever works for everyone else. I usually get off work at 3:30 so whenever you want is fine. I suggest that we try and avoid rush hour through Cincy.

I assume we will meet at the rest stop on 75 like normal. Truck side.
                              It looks like we might hit the 3-6 rush hour. What time we hit the rest stop will depend on what time Ben gets off work.

I'm loaded and ready to go. I'll be working on the GPS maps for the park today.

Comment

Im really hoping to leave work by 4.....which puts me home at 4:30 and ready to roll by 5ish. Theres a chance i could get out a little earlier....

Any1 deciding to come with us other than myself, Kevin and Jim B.?

-I picked up my new third member from Crawford last night, so ill slap that in tonight and ill be ready and loaded on Tues or Wed.

Comment

Working...
                                X