No announcement yet.

Rush Offroad Aug 8th, 9th & 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The words for this trip was fuel pumps, Kevin's fuel pump went out in his trail rig, my fuel pump started to act up in my tow rig which let to a very uneasy feeling coming home not knowing if it was gonna make it. Robert showed up Friday afternoon to wheel with us and shortly after broke his shift fork to his front axle so he only had 3 wheel drive. Robert also managed to pop a bead trying to climb a slick hill after I ask him if he needed a pull up the hill.... (inside joke lol) Had a steady drizzle most of the time at Rush which kept the dust down but made for some trail riding interesting. I would have to say that the trail named Hardcore is 1 of the best obstacles there that we did for the weekend, it has become pretty extreme and will get even better the more people that run it. Here is a few pics
    Attached Files
    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

I ran a Walbro inline pump 5 years and never had a problem. After I switched to the multiport injection I needed more pressure, so I got an Aitex pump from Advance. The pump went out before I ever wheeled it, so I took it back. Now after 2 trips out it went bad. It makes noise but will not prime. I can only assume this is going to an on going problem, so I ordered a Walbro pump for around the same price I paid for the Airtex pump. We will see how the Walbro pump holds out. I'll return the Airtex pump and keep it as a spare.

Comment

I have a Holley inline pump. It's only 20 PSI but is very faithful and I have been very happy with it.
        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Thinking about going to propane now. Tired of having efi issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
            Thinking about going to propane now. Tired of having efi issues.
            A friend of mine went from carb to propane several years ago and has been happy with it. He also runs a pickup with no bed so has plenty of room for the tanks, typically carries 3 on the truck and another couple in the tow rig....but he's kind of overkill in that way. I think he gets into the 2nd tank on a long day or a situation where a lot of throttle is being used. This is also on a moderately built 460 (estimated 325 HP, 500 ft-lb torque) in a fullsize truck with 42's. He lost a little high rpm power going from a Quadrajet but it was worth it. I've rode in his truck during a mud bog and the engine was running 5k rpm through some pretty deep mud and it's not geared low at all.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
              A friend of mine went from carb to propane several years ago and has been happy with it. He also runs a pickup with no bed so has plenty of room for the tanks, typically carries 3 on the truck and another couple in the tow rig....but he's kind of overkill in that way. I think he gets into the 2nd tank on a long day or a situation where a lot of throttle is being used. This is also on a moderately built 460 (estimated 325 HP, 500 ft-lb torque) in a fullsize truck with 42's. He lost a little high rpm power going from a Quadrajet but it was worth it. I've rode in his truck during a mud bog and the engine was running 5k rpm through some pretty deep mud and it's not geared low at all.
              I already have an intake and distributor, so all I need is the propane setup. I'm not sure what is up with the EFI on my rig. It started acting weird a while ago, well before I changed the cam and put the multiport on it. The cam made it worse. I want to eliminate any bs that can go wrong. I think this is the best route in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post
                I ran a Walbro inline pump 5 years and never had a problem. After I switched to the multiport injection I needed more pressure, so I got an Aitex pump from Advance. The pump went out before I ever wheeled it, so I took it back. Now after 2 trips out it went bad. It makes noise but will not prime. I can only assume this is going to an on going problem, so I ordered a Walbro pump for around the same price I paid for the Airtex pump. We will see how the Walbro pump holds out. I'll return the Airtex pump and keep it as a spare.
                Kevin was that a e2000 or e8248 airtex pump?

It sounds like the Bosch 044 is the ticket.....but its +$$$
                1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
                  Kevin was that a e2000 or e8248 airtex pump?

It sounds like the Bosch 044 is the ticket.....but its +$$$
                  No, it was the E8445. The one I got to replace it was Walbro GSL392. Never had a problem out of my last Walbro.

Comment

Who kind of fuel pressure does the MPFI require?........I know the newer 4.3 im going to be running needs 55 psi!
                    1985 4runner "Redneck Gigalo"

Comment

Originally posted by bbtank45 View Post
                      Who kind of fuel pressure does the MPFI require?........I know the newer 4.3 im going to be running needs 55 psi!
                      key on is 45 and running is 38.

Comment

Working...
                      X