Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WindRock Oct 17-19th (Oliver Springs TN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely next year. I'm looking forward to getting out. I guess I'll have to get more details on the CORE tour. I'm sure I can find a thread on it somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Boy View Post
      I guess I'll have to get more details on the CORE tour. I'm sure I can find a thread on it somewhere...
      Done.
      DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
      Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Off to Windrock...

Comment

Have fun, take pics!

Comment

Weather was great, but that's the best part... Had to camp on a hill, which made sleeping rough.

Jim broke his transfer case on the first obstacle.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20141017_12_39_48_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	71594

I broke my transfer case pulling Jim back to camp. I twisted the splines on my drive shaft and hit a rut and that jammed the shaft through the case. Mark pulled Jim back to camp. I was able to drive mine back to camp, it just made a lot of noise. I found another t case at a junk yard 40 mins away, came back a put it in only to find out that the front d shaft was seized. At that point I was 2 wheeling it the rest of the weekend.

Name:	WP_20141017_001.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	71595

Name:	WP_20141018_09_11_50_Pro.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	71596

Went back out to rattle rock so Mark could have some fun. He was almost to the end when his gas pedal broke and got wedged behind the brake pedal. The harder he hit the brakes, the more gas he gave it. Luckily he hit the kill switch before he went flying too far in reverse.

Name:	WP_20141018_12_16_59_Pro.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	71597

Me and Mark went back out after fixing his pedal and hit a few of the closer obstacles that didn't require me to go in. That's about it. Lots of carnage and very little wheeling.

Comment

Yikes! That's a bummer. Went to Harlan the week before. I didn't have any major issues but Todd decided to hit Creampuff right off the trailer. He was over the top when his front transfercase yoke broke which lead to multiple other failures. Didn't have enough parts to fix all the carnage so he turned around and headed home. Luckily Jake Burkey and his gang from South Carolina were kind enough to let us hang with them all weekend. Hate to hear you guys had so much carnage. I guess that'll happen from time to time.
              Ian

06 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Damn, I don't know if that's better or worse than Tony and Hodgie. Guess it took them ten hours to get down there, they got rained on for 36, then drove back home.

At least you wheeled (a little) but it was expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by WrenchMonkey View Post
                  Damn, I don't know if that's better or worse than Tony and Hodgie. Guess it took them ten hours to get down there, they got rained on for 36, then drove back home.

At least you wheeled (a little) but it was expensive...
                  We had awesome wheeling weather, just bad luck. The campground was packed. I don't think there was an empty spot there. There were SXS's and atv's everywhere. There were millions of dollars of toys rolling around. The SXS following is crazy big.

Comment

Working...
                  X