Just got the Fourwheeler magazine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
    Not sure about 14 bolts, but most D70s have equal length axle shafts left and right... less spares.
    Less spares to carry would certainly be nice... 14 bolts are most certainly not the same length axle shafts... but the ARE just close enough to be a pain in the a$$.

I'm betting that the D70 is probably like the wonky numbers in the D80... 4.63:1 and 5.13:1 were very "common" for the Chevy Dana80 in my OBS 3500HD...
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

now this many switches is just flat out retarded, seriously. focking stop it.

Comment

On Time Warner, in Middletown, it appears to be on at 7:30 pm, Monday. Top Truck Challenge. "(2010) 6:Early competitors have their nerves tested against the Frame Twister." Digital channel 330

Right or wrong, it is what my DVR is set for.

John
        sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Yes John... I think it's been confirmed on a few (even mine) to say the same... 30 minute show is better than nothing I guess... I'll be recording it for others...

A few made it through without winching.... I am interested in how we placed in this one... you might see us, you might not...
          brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

We could have done much better in that obstacle, it's the one that I'm least pleased with.

Comment

Agreed, we could have made a better show... but it also could have been our downfall if we got DQ'ed for bouncing up and over one of the side markers, or if it got UGLY in the logs...

The same higher COG that we used to our advantage to kill the Mini Rubicon and Tank Trap would have done us NO GOOD if we tilted over to one side as far as Leo was.

I'm quite pleased with the overall result, and with as little room for error as there was... I'm happy with our Frame Twister run.

I believe the days of going into the Tank Trap with a lead big enough to win the thing no matter what... are long gone. Too many good rigs out there.
              brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

And you will always have me to blame fir not letting you pre spool more rope. I could kick myself for that one. That makes two times I didn't listen to my co driver. In The tank trap it might have got us below 3 minutes.

If the frame twister had been later in the week I would skipped us across it like a rock.

Comment

Our TEAM did well, there is no blame.

I think I didn't help in that crappy Mud Pit as much as I could've... HATE that thing.

I believe you about the Frame Twister later in the week... I do believe every word...

edit: reviewed the video... 15-20 seconds maybe... no way under 3:00...
                  Last edited by KargoMaster; 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM.
                  brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I think it worked. I am ready to buy the video
                    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X