No announcement yet.

Jimmy Smith Motorsports buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my truss is very simular to urs, airbumps bottoming on the top and shocks mounting almost on the knuckles. very simular.

im about at the same part of my build as you are, keep postin pics and im sure i will swipe some ideas:)
    my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

Yeah i stealing my ideas from Jimmy sense he built few! I orderd 1.25 chomoly heims that been cryo and heat treated from ruffstuff for links. good deal on them,anyone else seen there site? hav 3/8 tabs instead lite duty **** too
      SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Yeah I checked out thier site the other day, looking to make a 3 linkfor the XJ and they do have some good deals. The 1.25 in Heims with the inserts and the nuts for 120 a pair.
        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

more close up pics please

Comment

couple different ideas, on suspension. Jimmy Penner on eor built Tc's green Smith buggy suspension
            Attached Files
            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

This is looking sweet!!! Nothing like a Smith buggy. Your doing some Nice fab work!! I mainly joined this site just for this thread, wanting to see it done. What color ya paintin frame?? You putting any body pannels on it at all or leaving it all tube frame?? What kinda HP number you hope to get out of motor? who built it or where ya get it from?-Chris

Again, looking good

Comment

aint sure on color yet. or paint vs powercoat. sum buddies said if it theres they would clearcoat the bare tube. aint planning on panels but never know. It should be around 500hp company on Tn built it, it was spare motor for boss's race car and i bought it. got table full parts just waiting on heims still to get it rollin. should have them monday then get sum new pics up
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Nice, I like the fact you using a small block motor. I thought most the other smith buggy's out there are BB. A good high HP SB that rev's higher/faster than BB should do pretty well with such a light weight rig. nother question, Did you, or are you, doing all the figuring for the 4-link? from what i hear the key is getting the math down just right to get a 4-link to work well. Is Jimmy giving ya some pointers on how to do it, orr how he uasally does it, or whatever?

Comment

no most jimmys buggys are small blocks 383, 406, he had a fourseater with a 434 in it. I doing four link, i hav built quite a few rigs suspensions and he pointed out few things to help out. got few things today and got front suspension tacked in place
                    Attached Files
                    SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

do you have anymore pics of the upper link frame mount? is that one piece you bought or did you have to box 2 together?

Comment

it is the 22.5 degree 1.75 mount from polyperformance modified to fit frame
                        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

where that battery box come from?

Comment

battery box, heims and 3/8 tabs came from ruffstuff speciaties
                            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Looking good man!!! I'm liken the four link set up, looks nice clean work. I must of been mistaken, i was thinkin they ran alot of the 502's, Maybe i'm thinkin of coleworx.. Maybe you said it, and i didn't read it, but you building the propane set up, or is it a kit from somewhere?-Chris

Comment

Are the motor mounts hard mounted?

Comment

Working...
                                X