No announcement yet.

Jimmy Smith Motorsports buggy build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure you have enough vertical seperation on the frame end? looks like its going to want to lift under throttle? on 2nd look, maybe it is just the camera angle?
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

hard to tell with the camera angle id say...

im wondering about the upper heims mounted sideways...?

paint vs powdercoat i think depends on how hard you beat it... if you really plan on tearing it up on your side in the rocks id def stay away from powdercoat. harder to touchup, scrapes off with a divot, ect...

either way, looks good. if welds are pretty, i like the clearcoat idea.:)
      my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

positive, 4inches verticle on frame end 9 on front axle. got heims sideways off Jimmy Penner of Eor. clearcoat i think look good, welds are slick! as long as i dont f them up!!
        SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by twiztedzuki View Post
          positive, 4inches verticle on frame end 9 on front axle. got heims sideways off Jimmy Penner of Eor. clearcoat i think look good, welds are slick! as long as i dont f them up!!
          that's teh same as i'm running, and it works great. definitely the camera angle. it looked like they were mounted on the same plane or with maybe an inch.
          zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

got shocks mounted and battery box under seat mounted
            Attached Files
            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

any updates??

Comment

try to get sum pics, i aint much on taking pics of everything, sorry! got suspension completly done, double triangulated front and rear, got tranny done, ready to go in. have wilwood brake assembly, need get throttle. i have orbital mounted, shifter mounted, need twin stick but it going good!! I take sum pics! going slade for weekend!
                SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

got suspension done. gonna mount this week my tranny and cooler in with motor in tcase
                  Attached Files
                  SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Lookin good,

What you using for your brake setup? mast cyldr and what not??
                    Last edited by smokenram; 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I might have over looked it but what's the inside width?

Comment

Hey am i seein that ur shifter has built in toggle switches? That a art carr winters rock gate shifter?
                        my next rig will be on the trail before zuk 2.0 will

Comment

its a prostick with a shifter console from jegs that has push button start and 9 toggles on it. Been meaning get sum pics been slacking on keeping it up to date on here. i get width too
                          SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

52.5 inches inside buggy, its comfortable. here few pics. should hav my arp steering studs. psc ram and krc pump on this week.
                            Attached Files
                            SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

http://youtu.be/RZxVJL-a8WI

tranny stuck in 3rd! needless to say it in floor getting a lookover to find problem!
                              SMITH BUILT PERIOD

Comment

Cool looking rig for sure. I would have to put some exhaust on it though. That would drive me crazy.
                                91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Working...
                                X