What's your "job"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
    Yeah I have looked into GE but too hard so far. It would be nice to work there since if I got bored in one of the areas of ME i could change departments and keep all my pay and benefits. I think I am looking for a little bit of a smaller company.

Nate
    Nate, nate, nate . . . .

Did Terry say he didn't want you to come back after graduation? If so, I didn't hear it.
    Unimog 406
    XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

control room operator in a power plant..
      I got a jeep

Comment

Originally posted by wilson1010 View Post
        Nate, nate, nate . . . .

Did Terry say he didn't want you to come back after graduation? If so, I didn't hear it.
        He said something about it, but I followed up with him a couple weeks ago about coming back over break to work some and he is yet to get back to me. I wouldnt mind their salaries and the extras that Terry offers but I have to look in case he doesn't hire me.

Originally posted by 89mud-rdy-xj View Post
        well i think im the yougest person by far on the board haha but im in my senior year of high school and i work construction in the afternoons after school. plan to go to college next year just not sure what for yet.
        Well you shoudl start looking at what you like/tolerate. Are you good with math and the physical world? Engineering is growing like crazy. You can get your degree and basically work in any field as either a managerial position or a engineer.
        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

I am a meat manager at Kroger's. Wow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
            He said something about it, but I followed up with him a couple weeks ago about coming back over break to work some and he is yet to get back to me. I wouldnt mind their salaries and the extras that Terry offers but I have to look in case he doesn't hire me.

With Terry, you have to be patient but persistent. Email him. Update your resume, exactly like you were giving it to GE and email it to him. No shortcuts. Stop by and see him sometime like maybe over the holidays. Don't compromise on the job you want with him. He will respect you more for it. Send him some info on your college too. He won't know how good it is unless you tell him. Good luck! :)
            Unimog 406
            XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

Well ...... I'm not in the Military , but I am a Sergeant .

And I deal with "POO" but I'm not a plummer :) :) :)

Comment

I play on a bulldozer all day

Comment

I'm a fabricator of over head cranes from I-beam to 500 toners
                  98 xj 4.5" lift

Comment

Tool&Die maker

Comment

I'm a designer... loose terminology i guess.

5+ years of design school... i have worked at a variety of place with a variety of positions, all based around digital design work. Everything from simple web to interactive cd programs, to 3D modeling and compositing and special effects.

I hate it, with a passion. At this point, every day at my job gets worse. Eventually I think i might go nuts and burn the place. I sit in front of a computer all day.

In the process of trying to make this not my job anymore...

Hoping by spring to be in a new building doing sales, fab, and service... Cross your fingers for me.

Comment

I run the Music Shoppe on Harrison AVE, at the end of this year, ownership will likely be transferring to me.

By the way, new here. So hello everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by drmeece View Post
                          control room operator in a power plant..
                          Watch out for Mr. Burns!

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                            I'm a designer... loose terminology i guess.

5+ years of design school... i have worked at a variety of place with a variety of positions, all based around digital design work. Everything from simple web to interactive cd programs, to 3D modeling and compositing and special effects.

I hate it, with a passion. At this point, every day at my job gets worse. Eventually I think i might go nuts and burn the place. I sit in front of a computer all day.

In the process of trying to make this not my job anymore...

Hoping by spring to be in a new building doing sales, fab, and service... Cross your fingers for me.
                            I will even cross my toes for ya!
                            sigpic

Comment

I am a meat manager at Kroger's. Wow!!!!
                              Good job handling your meat. Sorry. Not nice. ;)

Eventually I think i might go nuts and burn the place.
                              Hahaha. Office Space.
                              91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I am Foreman at an Alumminum Extrusion Plant

Comment

Working...
                                X