What's your "job"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer geek. I work for P&G.

I deal with a variety of visualization technologies... pre-rendered 3D, real-time 3D, more 2D images than I care to count... Mostly on the "non-predictive" side of the world, although terms like FEA (Finite Element Analysis) I am at least familiar with... although no specific connection to my job.

"I make pretty pictures."
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KargoMaster View Post
      Computer geek. I work for P&G.

I deal with a variety of visualization technologies... pre-rendered 3D, real-time 3D, more 2D images than I care to count... Mostly on the "non-predictive" side of the world, although terms like FEA (Finite Element Analysis) I am at least familiar with... although no specific connection to my job.

"I make pretty pictures."
      What did he say?
      Unimog 406
      XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

Originally posted by wilson1010 View Post
        What did he say?
        I said... "I make pretty pictures..."

From you, that's rather comical...
        brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

From you, that's rather comical...
          Well you never know with Greg.
          88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

That is the same thing my girl's said when they came home from kindergarten.

Comment

I am a welder at General Dynamics Land Systems...........I build really cool STUFF...........yeah STUFF!!
              we build 6x6 and 4x4 MRAP vehicles for the military

www.forceprotection.net look under models we build the COUGAR line

Comment

Originally posted by 77goldeneagle View Post
                I am a welder at General Dynamics Land Systems...........I build really cool STUFF...........yeah STUFF!!

How many different names has that place been? Is it true that the company that builds our military equipment is owned in part by a party in china?
                sigpic

Comment

i've never heard it called anything i don't think besides general dynamics, well, actually the generic term up here is the tank plant. my neighbor is one of the test driver's there, you might know him, he goes by Turtle. don't know his real name though. i've got lots of friends that work there actually, i even was trying to get in at one time while i worked for Crown Equipment.
                  zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Manager for Tire Discounter's in Lawrenceburg.
                    06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by GPER View Post
                      That is the same thing my girl's said when they came home from kindergarten.
                      Tom, sometimes I feel like I am dealing with Kindergardeners... Other times, I think that the folks that I deal with might learn a thing or two from Kindergardeners...

There have been far more than just a few days where I wished that I had YOUR job.

kb9qdi: assuming that is an amature radio callsign...?

This is always a fun thread... anyone else?
                      brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Tom, sometimes I feel like I am dealing with Kindergardeners...

There have been far more than just a few days where I wished that I had YOUR job.

kb9qdi: assuming that is an amature radio callsign...?

This is always a fun thread... anyone else?
                        Yes it is ;)
                        06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by 77goldeneagle View Post

So you do by chance know a guy who worked there over the summer and was an engineer? He went to Ohio Northern and his name is Whit. Unless there are two General Dynamics Land Systems.
                          88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                            How many different names has that place been? Is it true that the company that builds our military equipment is owned in part by a party in china?
                            IT WAS ALWAYS KNOWN AS GENERAL DYNAMICS the land systems was added a few years ago!!

and no on the China owning ANY part of the company nor do they sell to any NON-U.S. ALLI some governtment thing they just won't do it................having foreign parts on these trucks I mean

EVERY part of our vehicles are built in the U.S.A.

and I'm not sure who this Whit person it either!!

Comment

I am thinking of armor holdings which was hess ogara and eisenhart and now is something else and is owned by chinese investors now and does nothing but govt. /military work. I do similar work and have to buy all supplies and machinery from U.S. They found some loop hole or something I have heard.
                              sigpic

Comment

Tom, sometimes I feel like I am dealing with Kindergardeners... Other times, I think that the folks that I deal with might learn a thing or two from Kindergardeners...

It has been tuff at work the past couple of day's playing in the sand on 3 to 1 slopes

Comment

Working...
                                X