Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"THE HEEP" Buildup (SOA, 3/4 axles, Stak, Hi-steer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrShoeBoy View Post
    If you dont already have plans for it, add some type of support at the back of the Stak. I have a 3 speed Stak in my MJ and at first it scared me just having the Stak hanging off the back of the tranny but after talking to them and getting something to help support it, I feel better. Also theres no way to get a flat belly with out a super tall body lift or hacking the crap out of the tub. I chose to hack the crap out of my body to get a semi flat skid Looks good by the way

AARON
    Thanks,

Yeah, I would feel better with a support on the Stak and will do eventually. I just want to get in moving again first. I quickly realized the flat skid wasn't going to happen without some tub changes, which I will probably save for a future project if ever.
    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

I hear ya. Do you think you will have any issues with front driveshaft lenght and angles? I cut and rotated the knuckles on my HP 44 when I cut it down but that was with 4" of lift and the NP 231. Now with 6" springs up front and the Stak, my front d-shaft is super short and I am not sure I can get the shaft to run at speed with out destroying the CV or having wicked vibes. I would like to see your thoughts on front a driveshaft.

AARON
      91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Originally posted by MrShoeBoy View Post
        I hear ya. Do you think you will have any issues with front driveshaft lenght and angles? I cut and rotated the knuckles on my HP 44 when I cut it down but that was with 4" of lift and the NP 231. Now with 6" springs up front and the Stak, my front d-shaft is super short and I am not sure I can get the shaft to run at speed with out destroying the CV or having wicked vibes. I would like to see your thoughts on front a driveshaft.

AARON
        I am hoping I can run a standard driveshaft in front. Running a CV on rear.

Checked the driveshaft. Front pinion is up at about 5 degrees, Stak is up at about 3 degress. Driveshaft is at 10 degree and will be about 37 inches and drop 7.5 inches from pinion to case. I think it will be ok running a stock driveshaft.

Anyone more knowledgable, please chime in. I can probably get the Stak close to level (0 degrees) if I need to
        Last edited by JeepHD; 01-08-2008, 01:01 AM.
        1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Pics of my little Jeepers, Well I'm not sure the littlest is quite ready!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusty & Makenna Jeep.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	68448

Name:	Rusty Jeep1.JPG
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	68449

Wish I could keep my Jeep in the living room, I would be able to get it done faster :)
          Last edited by JeepHD; 01-08-2008, 01:07 AM.
          1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Very nice write up.
            sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Sounds like you will be fine on the front. I keep forgetting the layout between a YJ and an MJ are that different. Keep up the pictures!

AARON
              91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Just thought I would update on progress. The project is still underway, but progress has been slow. I was able to get the last three H1 wheels sandblasted over the weekend. Should have them painted and mounted up this week. Mostly been waiting for my inner Chromoly shafts, when I originally ordered them, I got F-150 instead of F-250 and there was some length differences. Just got a tracking number and I should have them Thursday (Happy Valentines Day to Me). I plan to have the front end together this weekend and have it on all fours. Will post up pictures when I get the treads mounted up and rolling.
                1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

you can make your own rear stak support, or buy theirs... it's super nice, notched to slide to any angle etc...

all looking good by the way...

Comment

How bad will this handle hills with 38s and a stock wheelbase? I will push the front forward an inch and the rear backword and inch, but I doubt that will do much. Might be able to get 2 inches out of the front. Is it worth trying to get the extra inch.
                    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

I would definitely support the stak case and keep the stock trans mount also. I would hate to break the stak off of the tranny! Minimize your driveshaft angle and your u-joints will thank you later on!
                      sigpic

Comment

The extra 2 inches is worth it... you will want more, but take what you can get.

Comment

Got the front axle about 90% done. Need to route brake lines and burn on some shock mounts. I mounted it forward 2 inches. Also got the tires mounted. Only problems I ran into was that the bleeder screws are too long and hit the rim. Also had to grind the bolt that holds the brake clip on. Any ideas on the bleeder screw? I am going to try to get a shorter one, otherwise I will just have to grind off the end of the ones I have.

Here is some pics. Also, I am adding some pics of the high steer and front axle in previous posts.

Name:	DSCF0065.JPG
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	68468

Name:	DSCF0066.JPG
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	68469

Name:	DSCF0068.JPG
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	68470

Name:	DSCF0069.JPG
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	68471

Name:	DSCF0070.JPG
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	68472
                          1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Specs.

Height to top of Rollbar with 30psi in tires - 81 inches

Bottom of differential to ground - 12 inches

Front suspension travel - 12 inches

Total wheelbase - 97 inches (Front forward 2 inches, rear back 1 inch)
                            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Man that looks really good!
                              sigpic

Comment

do your flanges stick out past the wheel? i'd be afraid of hitting them on rocks?
                                zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X