Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"THE HEEP" Buildup (SOA, 3/4 axles, Stak, Hi-steer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carwash View Post
    Hopping when breaking traction would probably be due to the lack of shock stroke to slow down the hop.
    Yep, that is my only thoughts at this point.

Originally posted by maddhatter View Post
    This this has turned out great!!
    Very cool build, I hope to see it out on the trail sometime.
    Thanks, Now I just need to get it to sit lower! 1 inch body lift is coming off and I am going to try to raise the rear spring mounts about an inch to loose another 1/2. Hopefully the springs settle down about an inch or so also.
    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

Did it hop the same way before the traction bar? Just wondering if the geometry (anti-squat) of the bar is part of the issue. A guy in our club put a traction bar on his and afterwards it would almost jump completely off the ground because of the super high anti-squat.

Comment

Make the rear bar as long as you can. I had a similar issue with the traction bar in my old XJ. Would hop around after breaking loose. I lengthened the bar and it got better but would still hop a little. I completly solved the hopping in my new truck with a 4 link.

Good Luck,

AARON
        91 MJ Under construction

Comment

jeephd

hey i came accross these springs. have you checked these out for your soa? i've always heard rubicon has the best leaf springs.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_5111.htm

Comment

Originally posted by nshefbuch View Post
            hey i came accross these springs. have you checked these out for your soa? i've always heard rubicon has the best leaf springs.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_5111.htm
            Yes I considered them, but they are twice the price as my BDS Springs and BDS has a better warranty. I also travel to Coldwater MI often for work and that is where BDS is located so I save shipping and if I do bend one, I can exchange when I am in the area for work. When I go my BDS springs they were about $80 a piece, so half the price of the REs. They have went up to $100 since.

Thanks
            Josh
            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

Working...
            X