2000 Dodge Truggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
    You need a Klune V for this project......
    What do you think my final gear ratios would be? Maybe double snail slow or something. ;)
    sigpic

Comment

Sweet build!! Can't wait to see it in pics and on the trail!
      '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Pulled the motor and waiting for some heads to be delivered before I send out the block. Looking for 6,600 rpms and HP.

The body has not seen the sawzall or shears yet but the front bumper, 3rd row seats and front quarter panels have been unbolted. Relocating the battery tonight!
        sigpic

Comment

take pic and I will come by and show you how to up load them.

You doing this at your shop?

Comment

At shop and at home. I should be able to post pics. tonight.
            sigpic

Comment

Well Scott, If you need a hand
              I can come up a day on some weekends ......
              O yea, the pic's, LOL...
              For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                At shop and at home. I should be able to post pics. tonight.
                And I hear Hell has a frost warning tonight too!!! :p JFWY

If you need a hand with getting them uploaded let me know.
                Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
                But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

sounds cool. you plan on tubing it out, exocaging or just full bodied? how close to stock wheelbase are you going to be? your desired width might be hard. butch is at 90-92" with his hubs flipped in with 42's on his (unfortunately 4" narrower than my wide ass pig). his wheels are backspaced just enough for his hub to be just inside the wheel.

greg
                  zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
                    sounds cool. you plan on tubing it out, exocaging or just full bodied? how close to stock wheelbase are you going to be? your desired width might be hard. butch is at 90-92" with his hubs flipped in with 42's on his (unfortunately 4" narrower than my wide ass pig). his wheels are backspaced just enough for his hub to be just inside the wheel.

greg
                    What is his rims backspacing and width? I am looking at 16.5-10 rims with 4'' backspacing and hubs flipped. Hoping to get 90" from that.
                    sigpic

Comment

don't you have 2 run 20" rims when you flip your hubs, for clearance
                      sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

See.

Here
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills49 View Post
                          don't you have 2 run 20" rims when you flip your hubs, for clearance
                          nah, there is nothing really to clear, unless you are running wheel brakes. even then i have seen it done with 17" wheels.

my hubs will be flipped, and i am running 16.5" hummer wheels.

Comment

stock hummer width, with centers he made. the center of the wheel is 3" front lip of the wheel. i lied, his hubs are flipped out. he backspaced them to where there was about an inch of clearance to the drive flange (width of drive flange will be the same no matter which way you flip the hub, that will be your problem with width i think. he is exactly 7'6" wide or 92" for the mathematically challenged.

where did you get your rockwells? i know of a set for sale that are basically identical to your specs, just wondering if they were the same ones or not.

greg

Comment

Rockwells from the 50's to 90's are the same maybe even earlier and later. I bought 4 trucks within the last 2 years and have a few now.
                              sigpic

Comment

i forgot to mention, the reason he didn't end up flipping his in, is because of clearance issues with his airshocks. his front tubework was already done from when he had my 60's under it, and he didn't want to have to redo it all to make new upper mounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X